PDA

View Full Version : FCC form?

Fiscal
05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Iíve bought a Catleap off of eBay and itís currently in route. I got a phone call from some lady from the FCC needing a form to be filled out. The form is entitled ďStatement Regarding the Import of Radio Frequency Device Capable of Causing Harmful InterferenceĒ

Iím really not sure why I have to do this, Iím going to contact the seller soon. Anyone else experienced this?

This is the form, obviously I canít fill out all the boxes

http://i.imgur.com/Q92mM.png

Vikhyat
05-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Haven't heard of anyone else having to do this. Keep us informed if you find anything else out.

120HzNET
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Never heard of this issue before. It may have come up due to your seller screwing the pooch on your Import form. Most US imports from Korea are not an issue due to free trade. Your seller may have been seriously honest with his form causing you to do excess paperwork.

Fiscal
05-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Got a reply from the seller saying the form was already sent. The package is currently being held by customs awaiting documentation, hopefully this wont delay the arrival time.

Someone messed something up. I’m not sure if it’s the sellers fault or not, debating if I should give him a negative review. I should’ve never gotten a call from a lady trying her hardest to communicate over her sedative, saying I need fill out a FCC form. Plus, false declaration may cause a fine of $250,000 or 5 years in prison wtf?

Sn0_Man
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Got a reply from the seller saying the form was already sent. The package is currently being held by customs awaiting documentation, hopefully this wont delay the arrival time.

Someone messed something up. I'm not sure if it's the sellers fault or not, debating if I should give him a negative review. I should've never gotten a call from a lady trying her hardest to communicate over her sedative, saying I need fill out a FCC form. Plus, false declaration may cause a fine of $250,000 or 5 years in prison wtf?

Yeah the seller must have borked a form.

And smuggling can become a serious problem if it isn't aggressively punished. I'm surprised $250,000 is the max fine, I thought it might go higher. You omitted the "up to" part. You would never be on the hook for any of that, even if you wrote on the box that it was full of more cardboard boxes...