PDA

View Full Version : What console/s do you never plan on owning.

whitespider
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Xbox 360
Wii
3DS
Possibly Vita.

I won't speak for next gen platforms yet, because I don't have any information on them,I have a ps3 for heavy rain and red dead redemption. The ps3 has exclusives that I just can't get for pc. Although I will admit,the ps3 gives me headaches/migraines when it use it for extended periods. Due to the low framerates and resolution. Eyestrain!

Catrik
05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
None, never.
Bad resolution, horrible framerates, can't mod games, no "hardcore" games or sims, expensive games and annoying DVD's, can't use any background apps like Mumble or video record, usually no dedicated servers, not many indie games. Yeah, WHY whould I even want a console? Well, MGS4.. but that's the only reason :P

Sn0_Man
05-07-2012, 01:28 PM
None, never.
Bad resolution, horrible framerates, can't mod games, no "hardcore" games or sims, expensive games and annoying DVD's, can't use any background apps like Mumble or video record, usually no dedicated servers, not many indie games. Yeah, WHY whould I even want a console? Well, MGS4.. but that's the only reason :P

This, only I'm not interested in Metal Gear Solid 4 either (assuming i guessed what MGS4 is correctly :P)

Vikhyat
05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm not a fan of consoles either, for all the reasons stated above. Plus, I'm all thumbs when it comes to using a controller, it just doesn't work for me. Give me a mouse and keyboard any day.

HyperMatrix
05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Had a Wii. Didn't play with it. Sold it. Had a nintendo DS. Also didn't play with it. Sold it. Had a PS3 with tons of games/gear. Ex stole it. Currently have a PSP, PSVita, Xbox360, iPad 3, and my PC. Not that I get any time to game. My Xbox hasn't been turned on in 4 months. My PS vita's battery is dead from not being used in close to 2 months now (since launch...lol). If I had sli 780's instead of 680's I'd say all I'll need for the next 3 years is my PC right here. That card should be massive.

Ctrlhomer
05-07-2012, 07:18 PM
PS3, Uncharted and MSG4 are must plays. For being console games there like interactive movies.

This whole generation of console games has sucked. Compared to the PS1/2 I want my RPGs ><, been total of 2 I played :( FF13 and FF13-2 pretty sad, when the PS1/2 you could count on 3 solid games a year.

I still don't understand the whole craze on why everyone likes playing FPSs on the console. Controls are slow and clunky, fps capped, graphics are out dated, and must of all 720p/1080p limits....I do say the Wii emulator is crazy taking a 480p game and up scaling to 1080p+ is amazing. Makes the game playable.

Junkboy
05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
3DS, after the Legends debacle I have no need for the console or any and all future Capcom games.

goji
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Play any console game you can't emulate with better quality.

whitespider
05-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Play any console game you can't emulate with better quality.

Not 'any'. I only play games that i think are truly worth the effort of eyestrain.

Plus, I'm not sure if anyone else get's this, I actually feel a little ill while playing console games. And it's not the fov. As the fov in most non-competitive games does not bug me as much as it does others.

Whereas I can play a pc game for hours and then jump up and do something in real life, feeling pretty great.

Catrik
05-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Some ppl say they prefer consoles over PC because of the ease. I say bullshit, Steam is pretty much one-click buy second-click start the game and with SSD you dont even need to wait shit.
On console.. find the DVD.. swap the disc that's already in the console..find case for the other game.. wait 25 different splash screens.. one year of waiting while the map loads.. Yeah, I would ragequit before I even get to play.

But I agree with Ctrlhomer. PS1 had some pretty good RPG's. Good thing we have emulators and smartphones nowdays, going through Chrono Cross on my Desire Z atm :) Oh, and Red Alert with link cable.. Damn that was good times. I would put my PS1 and TV on a trailer I had for my bicycle, cycle some 2km to my neighbour/friend and we hooked that shit up. But it wasn't as cool as one of our badass friends who had a PC, Red Alert and GTA2 looked so much better on PC!

Shadman
05-13-2012, 02:20 AM
I still have my PS2. Hell yeah.

Only for Guitar Hero II and 3 though lol, I don't even have a controller for it. Though my girlfriend just ran across some PS1 games (Crash Bandicoot's, Spyro, other games.)
I must find a controller now.

Oh, modern day consoles? No thanks.

HyperMatrix
05-13-2012, 02:34 AM
Nintendo products. No thank you. I hate the company on so many levels. They're pulling a Sega right now.

Phunky
05-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Emulate that shit :) seriously some Wii games @ 1080p are awesome

Mattsplat
07-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Funny I've never played MGS4, considering I'm a fan - obviously that's in large part due to not having a PS3, but stories of insanely long cutscenes etc. turned me off. 1 was great, 2 was meh, 3 was awesome - wish they made more like that. I think some folks like the heavy story of 2/4 where others like me prefer the emphasis on stealth gameplay in 1/3.

My 360 rarely gets turned on these days. Traded in most of my games last month for a copy of Dark Souls - got the itch to try it, PC version is supposed to be a bad port and is still a ways off. Like it a lot but rarely get to play, feel like you need a few hours uninterrupted.

And thus, I never plan on owning another console, basically ever. Unless I have friends that direly want me to play X game(s) with them, I see no reason to own the next gen.

Junkboy
07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Funny I've never played MGS4, considering I'm a fan - obviously that's in large part due to not having a PS3, but stories of insanely long cutscenes etc. turned me off. 1 was great, 2 was meh, 3 was awesome - wish they made more like that. I think some folks like the heavy story of 2/4 where others like me prefer the emphasis on stealth gameplay in 1/3.

My 360 rarely gets turned on these days. Traded in most of my games last month for a copy of Dark Souls - got the itch to try it, PC version is supposed to be a bad port and is still a ways off. Like it a lot but rarely get to play, feel like you need a few hours uninterrupted.

And thus, I never plan on owning another console, basically ever. Unless I have friends that direly want me to play X game(s) with them, I see no reason to own the next gen.

You should try it, while I definitely rank them 1>3>4>2 overall, based purely on gameplay
it pretty much 4/3>2>1 and it's not really close between 3/4 and the other two.

irQ
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I have an XBOX....although I am transitioning to PC gaming....