PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle Choices, dispositions, and goals.

whitespider
12-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Current:

- Vegetarian (lifelong)
- Strait (obviously lifelong)
- Long Term Relationship
(Reserved)

Future:

- Exercise and muscle building, partly for health, partly for looks. I live next to a beach for F**k sake.
- Overcome Psychological issues to an extent that I am happy with.
- Creative success.

Shadman
12-26-2012, 03:17 PM
All I can say is good luck muscle building on that diet.

BlackOctagon
12-26-2012, 03:59 PM

I disagree completely with this. Plenty of vegetarians I know are very buff. They just east lots of protein rich vegetables

Crackatoah
12-26-2012, 10:44 PM

I do powerlifting and I know a good few bodybuilders at my gym that are vegetarians, All you need is carbs, protien, and fat and you can get all that on a vegetarian diet easy, just might need a few protien shakes to help along the way, although is not necessary.

Shadman
12-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I do powerlifting
I'm not surprised.

Never said he couldn't. Just like you said, he may need a few protein shakes. Just wishing him good luck. I know what he feels, with the party health, partly looks.

Crackatoah
12-26-2012, 11:45 PM

Well you weren't just 'wishing him good luck' in the quest to get healthy. But clearly sarcastically wishing him luck because hes a vegetarian and wants to build muscle because you thought it was not adequate, when in reality it really is, without the need for protein shakes, they are just an easy source of extra protein with whatever diet you are on. Plenty of vegetarian protein sources available :)

whitespider
12-27-2012, 12:48 AM
It's not just health reasons, Im a bit of a sensitive guy, and I have some particular standpoints on eating meat. Not that I am the moral centre of the universe, I have done my fare share of selfish, loathsome things. Besides, my mother was a chef and she imparted some ways of getting a very balanced diet.

There was a time, back in 2008 or 2009, where I was making gains. Then I went to film school, and just lost my motivation because I wanted to excel creatively. Drank a lot. And kind of reverted any progress I made.

So I have to make this determination to stick with it when I go full bore this time, and for me that's really hard. Because now I have gotten overweight. So going from overwieght to slim, and then from slim to slightly muscular (that's all I want) seems to be a longer journey than people who simply go from slim to muscular. Which is what I did in 2009-2010. I found that hard. I'm going to find this harder. And then I have to upkeep that for the rest of my life.

And that's kind of discouraging. That picture of me in this forum was taken a year or two ago. And I have put on about 13-15kg (or less, hopefully) since then.

I'd like to be the exception to my mothers side of the family, and actually achieve something physically. Just trying to find the motivation. That initial motivation is always the hardest to find.

Crackatoah
12-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Thats good new then mate :)

trust me, its a hell of allot easier to put on muscle if you have a bit of fat on you.

Trying to put on muscle when you are skinny with a low fat % is very hard and takes a long time, and you have to eat hell of allot of calories because your metabolism is so fast.

Right now your metabolic rate should be kinda slow, which is good as it means you wont have to eat like a train to build muscle.

Just eat right, and train, and you will build muscle and slowly loose fat at the same time. Eat roughly the same amount each day and what your body needs to stay the same weight, and if you train 3 times a week your body will have no choice but to loose fat to make room for the muscle it needs to grow from your training.

Its pretty simple when you know how the body works :)

Allot of people train 5 times a week when they start off because they have allot of enthusiasm and think its good. This is a big NO.
You only grow muscle when your not training so train 3 times a week with a day rest in between.
If you train every day you break your muscles down everyday then they cant repair and get bigger.
Also only train for 45 minutes, any longer and your body releases a stress hormone which breaks down muscle tissue for energy.

The above is the best simple advice I can give because they are the most common mistakes people make :)