PDA

View Full Version : Why no Star wars Battlefront 3?

Crackatoah
01-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Battlefront 2 was one of my favorite games, its kinda like Battlefield but just more awesome with crazy robots and guns and maps.

I think the market really needs this game... could you imagine how good they could make it now with a new engine? There are no great sci fi kind of games, its all modern combat fps, I guess planetside 2 technically is, but its guns and vehicles are the equivalent or just normal modern ones with skins and lights.

I think this is a much needed game, could you imagine a crazy battle with light sabers, lazer guns, crazy robot things like drones and cool maps. Or 'the force' lol.
It would be a hard game to make, but if done right I think it would be AMAZING and different from all the stuff thats out now.

BlackOctagon
01-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Never played any Star Wars games but nonetheless feel your pain. There have been plenty of awesome games over the years for which an 'incredible sequel' could be possible. Alas, the people who decide whether a sequel will be made tend to do so based on the profit potential and less on how amazing the game would/could/should be. There are exceptions to this rule but they are rare

What does LucasArts care more about?

HyperMatrix
01-13-2013, 10:44 AM
LucasArts doesn't exist anymore. Well...not in the same way. It's owned by Disney now. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. With how bad the Force Unleashed series was compared to its potential and past games like the JK or KoTOR series. I'm still pissed that SWG failed, and was replaced by SWTOR which was an even bigger failure, which is made even worse because SWTOR means no KoTOR. :(

Crackatoah
01-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Never played any Star Wars games but nonetheless feel your pain. There have been plenty of awesome games over the years for which an 'incredible sequel' could be possible. Alas, the people who decide whether a sequel will be made tend to do so based on the profit potential and less on how amazing the game would/could/should be. There are exceptions to this rule but they are rare

What does LucasArts care more about?
Yeh I guess thats why then.. :(

The latest starwars games have been Lego and that ridiculous dance one, as well as a standard 3rd person one.

Battlefront was so amazing.... I played it recently as my brother bought it in the sales and even though its real old its still very good, it would be such a good game if they made a new one. Hade so much fun on it back in the day on the PS2 and it wasn't even online lol.