PDA

View Full Version : Trackmania 2 Canyon

Crackatoah
01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Anyone else play this?

The last year I find it hard to play and enjoy games or get sucked in to them.

With exceptions of Farcry 3 and MOH warfighter whcih I played allot.

I decided to fire this up today and ive been playing it non stop, always like racing games used to play GT5 and Motorstorm on the PS3 for AGES.

This game is frikken awesome! crazy awesome, I like the skill/learning it takes to be good at it. And the sense of speed is like nothing ice ever experienced in a racing game, love the physics too.

Love the whole concept of the game, all the crazy tracks you do on multiplayer is just insane lol, takes atleast 3 tries to work out where you have to go or how to do the stunts.

Anyway just thought id see if anyone plays it here lol?

HyperMatrix
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
The exaggerated drifting reminds me of ridge racer. Lack of licensed cars is a bummer. I've been looking for good PC racers but haven't found anything that great yet. Forza and Gran Turismo are probably the best out there, and they're console only. Along with motorstorm which is a hell of a lot of fun. Although I am a huge fan of dirt 3, I'd love it more if they updated that engine for dx11 and made full cities to drive in. Or a new dx11 version of NFS Shift 3 would be great. NFS Most Wanted was on my highly anticipated list, but was a huge letdown due to poor performance, lack of sli support, and a 60fps cap.

I've heard about this one called "simraceway" and I downloaded it before formatting and reinstalling my OS but never got around to trying it. Maybe I should do that. I dunno. But the graphics never impressed me and in racing games, I do like my visuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4xCJDGXhxU

Crackatoah
01-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Yes, motor storm is my most favourite game EVER!!! Lol.

I spent so much time on that, so much fun and banter. I used to compete for the time trails, was 1st in the world ona few of them at one point, I think I'm still in the top 10 for a good few and I haven't played in yonks lol (this is apocolypse) pacific rift was a slightly better game, apocolypse was way more fun though.

I really like this track mania though, just love the concept of the game. Online you get put into a map with loads of people, and just try and get round it without knowing where the fuck your going lol, its sweet as hell when you get round the first time, unlike any other racer. I would call it more of a trail game than a race game though.

Fimconte
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
GT5 is worth buying a PS3 for, imho.
Get a good wheel and chair+60" plasma for extra fun.

The exaggerated drifting reminds me of ridge racer. Lack of licensed cars is a bummer. I've been looking for good PC racers but haven't found anything that great yet. Forza and Gran Turismo are probably the best out there, and they're console only. Along with motorstorm which is a hell of a lot of fun. Although I am a huge fan of dirt 3, I'd love it more if they updated that engine for dx11 and made full cities to drive in. Or a new dx11 version of NFS Shift 3 would be great. NFS Most Wanted was on my highly anticipated list, but was a huge letdown due to poor performance, lack of sli support, and a 60fps cap.

I've heard about this one called "simraceway" and I downloaded it before formatting and reinstalling my OS but never got around to trying it. Maybe I should do that. I dunno. But the graphics never impressed me and in racing games, I do like my visuals.

HyperMatrix
01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I had a PS3. With GT5, of course. Crazy ex stole it. My disappointment about them being console games is just the low resolution, framerate, and overall quality. It's hard to go back to consoles after 1440p 120hz SLI. :(

Shadman
01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
GT5 is worth buying a PS3 for, imho.
Get a good wheel and chair+60" plasma for extra fun.

I disagree. I knew someone with this setup, but honestly didn't look terribly impressive. They worked on GT 5 that many years and it only looked like that? They could have released it alot earlier with the same graphics, except they hyped it up. And the play is, well, pretty good. But not worth buying a ps3 for

Crackatoah
01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
I had a PS3. With GT5, of course. Crazy ex stole it. My disappointment about them being console games is just the low resolution, framerate, and overall quality. It's hard to go back to consoles after 1440p 120hz SLI. :(

I agree when it comes to 95% of console games, but GT5 is full 1080p with decent textures not bad AA and amazing graphics compared to other console games, and runs at 60 fps. How they did it I don't know.

I disagree. I knew someone with this setup, but honestly didn't look terribly impressive. They worked on GT 5 that many years and it only looked like that? They could have released it alot earlier with the same graphics, except they hyped it up. And the play is, well, pretty good. But not worth buying a ps3 for

How can you disagree what something is worth for him lol. Thats just silly!!

Things are worth different amounts for different people.

Personally I have spent many many hours on GT5 as have many others, it has extreme depth and content that you don't find on 90% of other games and if you like that type of game it probably is worth the cost of a PS3 because you will get a tonne of playtime out of it.
Hell I know 1 person who bought 2 extra PS3's so he could run it in tripple screen with his wheel, and it is awesome lol! didnt end up costing much because he got the 2 extra PS3's for 200 the both.

Sneaky
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
How can you disagree what something is worth for him lol. Thats just silly!!

Things are worth different amounts for different people.

Shad was simply stating his opinion that for him it is not worth buying a PS3 for, I mean FFS you state YOUR opinion on every
bloody post on the forum. lmao

Crackatoah
01-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Shad was simply stating his opinion that for him it is not worth buying a PS3 for, I mean FFS you state YOUR opinion on every
bloody post on the forum. lmao

Incorrect ;)

Shad stated he disagreed that In Fimconte's opinion GT5 is worth buying a PS3 for. Unless Shad is living in Fimconte's brain he cant say hes lying lol, people like different things. Maybe in Shad's opinion its not worth it which is absolutely fine, but he cant say its not worth it for someone else because everyone is different and likes different things :)

Cpt.Teacup
01-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Just stop it you two. It's getting old.

Shadman
01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
When did I say it was not worth it to him? I just said in general I think it would not be.
Emphasis on "think".

I like racing games, I play a decent amount, and I've played his setup, but of course it its my opinion.

Like anything, if someone thinks it its worth it to spend their money on something, who am I to say no for them. I'm just saying no for me.

I suppose my "I disagree" was too short a statement.

whitespider
01-23-2013, 06:54 PM
I like making things and testing things others have made in games, so little big planet/trackmania hell even rpg maker appeal to me on some level. That said, I'm waiting on some games a lot closer to my heart, such as: The last of us (ps3 only), Bioshock Infinite, and of coarse, dragonborn.

HyperMatrix
01-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Omg I miss rpg maker. That was so much fun back in the day when I played around with it. It ends up being limited without scripted and custom events, but for someone who isn't a coder, it's pretty darn awesome. My favourite rpg of all time is probably suikoden 2. So I definitely have love for a well-made 2d rpg.

whitespider
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Omg I miss rpg maker. That was so much fun back in the day when I played around with it. It ends up being limited without scripted and custom events, but for someone who isn't a coder, it's pretty darn awesome. My favourite rpg of all time is probably suikoden 2. So I definitely have love for a well-made 2d rpg.

I made this really dark rpg with rat people nailed crucifixes and animated dialog sequences. Made my own pixel art and everything. I ended up ditching the project because I always ditch projects.

I think that was.... rpg maker... the one before XP.

Crackatoah
01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Just stop it you two. It's getting old.

Indeed, funny thing is as usual I wasn't speaking to sneaky, but as usual he took it upon himself to try and argue :p

Told you he can't help it lol, he says he ignores me but he just always loves speaking to me :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cpt.Teacup
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Indeed, funny thing is as usual I wasn't speaking to sneaky, but as usual he took it upon himself to try and argue :p

Told you he can't help it lol, he says he ignores me but he just always loves speaking to me :)

No, stop.

Crackatoah
01-23-2013, 11:34 PM
No, stop.

I stopped replying to sneaky a long time ago, its him who keeps replying to me (even though he says he doesn't like me and ignores me lol)
If he replies to me then I will reply back, but I never go out my way to speak to him like he does with me, I'm only giving him what he wants ;)

HyperMatrix
01-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I stopped replying to sneaky a long time ago, its him who keeps replying to me (even though he says he doesn't like me and ignores me lol)
If he replies to me then I will reply back, but I never go out my way to speak to him like he does with me, I'm only giving him what he wants ;)

You quoted a message that you completely ignored. :P You and Sneaky both need to drop it. The elementary school crush you guys had for each other was cute for a while but really, it's much easier to just "actually" ignore it and continue blaming the government. Ah...the government. They're trying to pin the spree of shootings on video games now. Even the NRA tried that...dick move. "Oh...uhmm...yeah so this guy walks into a bar, drops 50 bullets and kills a dozen people, but it's not the fault of the gun that lets you kill people in real life being sold to absolutely anyone without a background check...it's the fault of video games where people shoot virtual bullets at virtual people. Often at sub-HD resolutions."

whitespider
01-24-2013, 12:28 AM
You quoted a message that you completely ignored. :P You and Sneaky both need to drop it.

Just throwing this out there.

I tend to lean towards one party more than the other in the majority of cases.

Cpt.Teacup
01-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Often at sub-HD resolutions."

If anything, that's what should be outlawed. :p

Sneaky
01-24-2013, 02:22 AM
WTF did I do?
Just stated what Shad confirmed here and in a not so subtle way mentioned he has a right to an opinion.
Come on guys ... are you really going to lump me in the same basket? geez, open your eyes!

When did I say it was not worth it to him? I just said in general I think it would not be.
Emphasis on "think".

I like racing games, I play a decent amount, and I've played his setup, but of course it its my opinion.

Like anything, if someone thinks it its worth it to spend their money on something, who am I to say no for them. I'm just saying no for me.

I suppose my "I disagree" was too short a statement.

HyperMatrix
01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
WTF did I do?
Just stated what Shad confirmed here and in a not so subtle way mentioned he has a right to an opinion.
Come on guys ... are you really going to lump me in the same basket? geez, open your eyes!

I'm just saying that ignoring someone you disagree with is often easier than arguing with that person. And as much as I understand your dislike for the guy, your post was one that was guaranteed to get a response from him which would turn into another tit for tat session. I'm not saying that you're wrong. I'm saying that considering how much you don't like the guy and don't want to deal with him...I would think your preferred response to one of his posts would be to have no response at all.

Sneaky
01-24-2013, 02:39 AM
That was the only post I made and I didn't post again or did I argue with the idiot .................................................

Just amazes me that I know 90% of you all feel the same way about the guy as I do but your all a bunch of chicken shits and never say anything.

There was never going to be an argument as that was all I was going to say until you all brought me into it and I didn't do anything to provoke your responses, it was all him.

BTW ... had nothing to do with the fact it was him .. if another forum member made a post like that my words would have been the same.

HyperMatrix
01-24-2013, 02:49 AM
I've called him out on it every time he's said something stupid. But other times I just look the other way and enjoy not having him try to defend his views or opinions because I simply don't want to deal with it, and I'm more than happy to have him continue thinking he's right about that thing. You know I love having you here. I'm not telling you what to do or not do. And if you had posted that in response to another forum member it'd be fine. I just think, knowing how he responds to things, I would have ignored it. Not that you're wrong in your assessment or in your right to correct him on the matter. But simply because it'd be easier to not give him an excuse to write something back.

Sneaky
01-24-2013, 03:21 AM
I completely understand all you have said but i have never been one to turn a blind eye.
If I see an old lady fall over in the street, I'll go help her ..... sure it would be easier to keep walking but is it the right thing to do?
I refuse to argue anymore but does that mean I will ignore/pretend I didn't see it when something stupid is said .... no, neither should any of you guys.

I understand you want this forum to be active and are reluctant to moderate anyone/anything, but there are always exceptions and
to me .. this forum and all of us could do without this irritation. Entirely up to you of course.

I just hope there is never a time when everyone is content letting him think he is right .. oh what a forum we would have then lol

HyperMatrix
01-24-2013, 03:28 AM
He could be the crazy uncle of 120Hz. :P I dunno. It has more to do with my belief in free speech. I have a fairly high threshold when it comes to what I consider to be an issue that needs to be dealt with. There is one thing and only one thing I have set to auto-moderation on this forum that many are aware of. Even if there are posts attacking me, complaints about the monitors, the prices, the website, accusations, etc etc...I just let it stay. Just different approaches, I guess. If you're ok with his responses, feel free to call him on every thing he says. I know I've done it a few times. And I won't question you on it.

Sneaky
01-24-2013, 03:45 AM
He could be the crazy uncle of 120Hz. :P I dunno. It has more to do with my belief in free speech. I have a fairly high threshold when it comes to what I consider to be an issue that needs to be dealt with. There is one thing and only one thing I have set to auto-moderation on this forum that many are aware of. Even if there are posts attacking me, complaints about the monitors, the prices, the website, accusations, etc etc...I just let it stay. Just different approaches, I guess. If you're ok with his responses, feel free to call him on every thing he says. I know I've done it a few times. And I won't question you on it.
You know I get your point of view ... thanks for understanding mine ;)

whitespider
01-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Whitespider's thought of the day: rat people nailed to crucifixes

Crackatoah
01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
As has been said, Sneaky. if you genuinely dont like me and want to ignore me, then ignore me lol.

If you don't want me to talk to you, then don't talk to me or I will talk with you. As I said I don't comment on anything you say, you comment on something I say then I answer back, and then you get annoyed or complain and say your ignoring me, lol its very strange :p

donaldchuh
07-15-2014, 05:27 PM
This game is addictive as hell.

ashurjames
10-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Good Game! :D