PDA

View Full Version : New Leaks/Rumors on the GK110 (As of Jan.2013)

sheepdog26
01-27-2013, 12:14 AM
This has quite captured my attention: http://videocardz.com/39143/geforce-titanium-the-allmighty-gk110-based-graphics-card

This story has actually arisen first from Sweclockers.net (or something like that), and since then, many tech sources are posting the same thing about the GK110. What's more: its said to be released in late Feb/March this year! Of course, take it with a grain of salt. But still, absolutely interested in this development.

Oh, PS: I currently have a GTX 690 in my rig with a GTX 560Ti as a dedicated Physx, and the Yamakasi OC monitor, and I'm at 120hz with the "best for LCD" timings. So maybe, I would replace the GTX 690 for this new GPU . . . . . . lol (but seriously, I would sell the GTX 690 to buy 2 of these)

UPDATE 1/31/2013:

Another related leak, this time of a 3D Mark11 Xtreme Score. http://videocardz.com/39170/geforce-titan-3dmark11-performance-revealed

If this is really true, there are only 3 words that can describe this: Mother of God! 0_0

whitespider
01-27-2013, 11:43 AM
This has quite captured my attention: http://videocardz.com/39143/geforce-titanium-the-allmighty-gk110-based-graphics-card
(but seriously, I would sell the GTX 690 to buy 2 of these)

I hope the rumor is true. I'm willing to go back to a single card for a while (the 780ti) while I save for another. I just hope that clockrate is wrong, or the gpu is extremely overclockable. Either one is fine.

I might revert back to an older card if it's confirmed, just so that I can sell my gtx 670's in time.

Yeah, I'm talking to you 6990.

Crackatoah
01-27-2013, 11:51 AM
The best thing to do and is what I do everytime I upgrade is to sell your GPU/s at the right time before the new ones come out.

Now is the best time, sell the 690 and you can still get quite allot for it, the price will plummet within a few months due to the new cards.

I always just sell the card ive got and go back to my trusty 460 for a few months and buy the latest.

Works out allot cheaper.

winterhell
01-27-2013, 11:59 AM
tl.dr. $900 single GPU card

Crackatoah
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeh get ready for but munching prices either way.

Each gen they are getting more expensive on release. Last gen it was the 580's that released extremely expensive this gen it was the 7970's that released extremely expensive (relative to previous gens) I always wait a month for the prices to settle, only a fool will pay release day prices, or someone who has more money than sense.

n00by
01-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't think the 680 equivalent will be 899$, unless they plan on selling two generations simultaneously which could happen considering it's the same architecture but on a bigger die.
Anyway I'll wait until the NDA gets lifted on these, but I'm thinking about picking up the 670 equivalent of the GK110.

BlackOctagon
01-27-2013, 02:09 PM
This rumour is being discussed all over the web right now.

As fun as it is to speculate about cards that are not yet formally announced, in this case I'm taking a skeptical approach. SWEclockers' article has not been verified by NVIDIA or anyone else (all the other articles about the Titan link back to SWEclockers as the sole source).

Given how many rumours were circulating about Kepler prior to the 680's release, and given how so many said rumours turned out to be bollocks, I'm going to wait for the rumour machine to get properly started and closer to launch before I believe, well, anything about what the upcoming generations of cards will be/do/cost/etc

Crackatoah
01-27-2013, 04:34 PM
This rumour is being discussed all over the web right now.

As fun as it is to speculate about cards that are not yet formally announced, in this case I'm taking a skeptical approach. SWEclockers' article has not been verified by NVIDIA or anyone else (all the other articles about the Titan link back to SWEclockers as the sole source).

Given how many rumours were circulating about Kepler prior to the 680's release, and given how so many said rumours turned out to be bollocks, I'm going to wait for the rumour machine to get properly started and closer to launch before I believe, well, anything about what the upcoming generations of cards will be/do/cost/etc

+1

nocturnal7x
01-27-2013, 07:08 PM
This is interesting and I hope its true. If the 780 exists by the end of march, I will be a happy gamer.