PDA

View Full Version : Cool video to watch on your big screen

Bebop
02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_okcNVZqqI

Use "original" quality. Prepare for load times if isp is slow.

winterhell
02-02-2013, 02:40 AM
Actually on Youtube you can't see the 4K versions of the videos anymore. Instead it downscales to 2048x1536. Good news is you can still download the original version with a program like 4K Video Downloader.

Cpt.Teacup
02-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Actually on Youtube you can't see the 4K versions of the videos anymore. Instead it downscales to 2048x1536. Good news is you can still download the original version with a program like 4K Video Downloader.

Ahem...

2. The Youtube development team should be replaced by people who know what they're doing.

Shadman
02-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Its not like the bitrate was able to get high enough to justify it. Might as well upscale the thing with the quality it had...

whitespider
02-03-2013, 07:34 AM
In most cases (not all) whenever someone says "this can only be appreciated high" or "the person who made that must have been high" I always have a disconnect. Mostly because the most abstract things I have ever created - are when I was completely strait.

That carries further into my taste - I remember playing films for my dad. He was like "woah, I want the drugs the filmmakers where on". While I was thinking how the film/s in question where not abstract "enough".

TheZone
02-03-2013, 07:43 AM
In the hippies days they would love this youtube when they are on acid +lsd LOL

BlackOctagon
02-03-2013, 08:43 AM
That's really nice...but I want a version that's not capped at 30fps or whatever YouTube's limit is. Beautiful images, choppy animation, possibly not the creator's fault

whitespider
02-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Could always download video, then play with smoothvideo project. Assuming the cpu does not burn up playing a 4k video. (Smoothvideo is extremely demanding when you raise the settings)

winterhell
02-03-2013, 11:55 AM
And we all know that interpolating between frames is not the same as the video source being at a higher frames per second.
It must not be too easy to make stuff while on drugs.

NoVa
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
smoothvideo project
Is it possible that SVP doesn't work if Aero/Desktop Composition is disabled?

Because I really don't like the look of Aero (seriously), so I always keep it disabled. SVP has never worked for me, ever.

I'm not too bothered about it though, but it would be nice if it actually worked for a change.

Edit: @ Below answer, I don't think that answered my question.

whitespider
02-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Is it possible that SVP doesn't work if Aero/Desktop Composition is disabled?

Because I really don't like the look of Aero (seriously), so I always keep it disabled. SVP has never worked for me, ever.

I'm not too bothered about it though, but it would be nice if it actually worked for a change.

If you force media player classic to run in d3d fullscreen via rightclicking on the open window and choosing that option, then you get good performance even with aero disabled. You just have to ALT_F4 the window to close it.

HyperMatrix
02-04-2013, 11:45 AM

What I've been told is that the video info box will never show a video resolution higher than 2048x1536, but the video itself will be higher resolution. That's just due to a bug. This seems very likely as a 16:9 aspect ratio video running at 2048x1536 would then have black bars. Which it does not. Because it is actually running at the proper resolution. You can use a video downloader to download the file, confirming that it's actually at the proper resolution, and that the video info box is just broken and doesn't report higher than 2048x1536, even when it does support it and play the videos.

winterhell
02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
For a while it did only show downscaled versions of the videos and getting the "original" version through downloadhelper would reveal the same. Not to mention my surprise being able to play smoothly the same videos with the crappy CPU with no hardware acceleration.
It seems that they fixed the resolution recently.