PDA

View Full Version : 6xx Pricing in AU - Methods of finding good pricing.

whitespider
05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Thought this deserved a mention.

Right now, and for a while now, our dollar has been a bit over the US. Yet we pay things like $700 for a gtx 680, and $1699 for a 690.

For reference, our wages are not higher either. It's just pure price gouging. Plain and simple.

What I have been using to purchase items via overseas is this website http://www.nowinstock.net

This worked fine, we ended up paying 535-560ish for a 500 dollar gtx 680. A little more than australian retails pick them up for, prior to charging 30%-80% more. But still - something human.
The only problem was the evga brands did not accept shipping overseas.

Then the gtx 670 came out, and we could pick up a card for around 400 dollars from the US, except this time, amazon is not shipping ANY brand to the AU. Full stop.

This thread is dedicated to any Australians that find a way around all of this. Without paying hundreds and hundreds more from a AU shop. Any suggestions, places to shop. predictions that things might change, let it rip here.

KyesaRRi
05-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah the best i have found is PROVANTAGE.com who ship to Australia for about $40.00

Ends up being around $550 USD shipped to Australia for the galaxy ref 680. The EVGA ref is around $565 USD Delivered so thats a massive saving compared to the AUS shops charging $700 AUD for one.

The 670 is around $460 USD delivered for the EVGA card in AUS its around $510 delivered so a $50 saving, you can go cheaper if you wish like the Zotac for ~$440 USD

The big issue is waiting on some new stock to arrive, but most shops are having the same issues atm.

waperboy
05-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Sigh... $640-700 USD for GTX 680 here in Sweden...

KyesaRRi
05-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Shipping is the same to Sweden as it is Australia from PROVANTAGE .

Arnotts
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Provantage eh? Thanks a lot, I'll look into that.

By the way whitespider, it takes a while for Amazon to start shipping new graphics cards to other countries. It's been US only shipping initially for every card since the 7970 release. After a few weeks shipping becomes available for other countries. The only exception seems to be EVGA.

If I can be patient enough I'll just wait for Amazon to start shipping them to Aus. If they don't soon, I may need to look into Provantage!

HyperMatrix
05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
This reminds me of the situation with Canada. Some 10 years ago $1 USD = $1.54 CAD. A few years ago $1 USD = $0.95 CAD. But still...the same car selling in Canada for $54,000 was selling in the United States for $36,000. It took many years for the dealerships/companies to learn to adapt and set fair prices as they saw most people were going down south to pick up their cars instead of buying them here because of the stupid pricing policies. Little harder with Australia being an island and all...but yeah that's some shady business practices.

KyesaRRi
05-21-2012, 05:27 PM
I have never bought from provantage before but the shop looks reputable. If anyone does purchase from them could the post here. You do need to purchase the item in USD, they only accept AMEX / Bank Transfer you cant use a debit card by the looks of it or paypal.

legalis
05-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Buy it from anywhere and have it shipped to SHIPITO, who charge around $56 to Post to australia for you. They give you a USA address for the seller to ship to then they repack n forward it to you. :) Im just waiting for a EVGA GTX690 to appear with enough time for me to buy it. Was available this morn but sold out by the time i logged in :(

Sneaky
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I have been using Bongo for awhile now and their prices are one of the most competitive (I have looked around alot)
https://www.bongous.com/
BTW they are a mail forwarder, you sign up, they give you a US address,
anything you purchase gets sent to them then they send on over to you in AU;)