PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Imbalance in Video Games

HyperMatrix
02-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Great little video I saw. Figured I'd share. This is great because it is how World of Warcraft used to be back in the day. And many games, for that matter. Very large complex systems that allowed stacking and creating a unique play style. Anyway...video time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w

Jaylumx
02-17-2013, 05:47 AM
That was pretty good and i agree 100%. Balance leads to complacency where as in-balance leads to evolution. Our whole society is based on in-balance at its core for it is the very reason we are at this point, me typing from my apartment in a country i was not born in from a monitor that the majority of the world thinks does not exist

Shadman
02-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Makes me think of BF3, going in and changing the weapon damage/rate just about every week.

Fimconte
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Makes me think of BF3, going in and changing the weapon damage/rate just about every week.
Yet certain guns are still the "optimal" choice. Still, over a year later... ;D

HyperMatrix
02-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Yet certain guns are still the "optimal" choice. Still, over a year later... ;D

In my mind the video related better to MMO style games with actual character development. Though I may have made the connection on my own as I have a large MMO background.

nocturnal7x
02-17-2013, 11:54 AM
The people on the PS2 forums need to see this haha.

HyperMatrix
02-17-2013, 12:15 PM
The people on the PS2 forums need to see this haha.

That's where I borrowed it from. =D

Pleiades
02-21-2013, 11:00 AM
I really, really hate that guy's voice on the video.

HyperMatrix
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
I really, really hate that guy's voice on the video.

Pretty sure that's not his normal voice. Or...he's an elf.

Pleiades
02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
He's breathing Helium or sumthing lol.

They should've got that there Morgan Freeman instead. Or Martin Freeman. Or even Gordon Freeman (though that would mean a silent video).

But he makes a good point about balance etc.

Shadman
02-22-2013, 09:17 AM
I only like that because it had Gordon Freeman in it.

I tried thinking of other games that incoperated this feature, and it seems like TF2 is pretty good too. They introduce new weapons for every class, and alot of people start to use that one. Next update, they bring out a new different class's weapon that combats well. (At least, when they were still doing the "Meet the.." videos. I'm OG ;)

Cruz100
06-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Interesting topic,that was pretty good and i agree 100%.In my opinion about that topic, Balance leads to complacency where as in-balance leads to evolution. Our whole society is based on in-balance at its core for it is the very reason we are at this point, me typing from my apartment in a country i was not born in from a monitor that the majority of the world thinks does not exist.