PDA

View Full Version : Haswell not looking promising...

HyperMatrix
02-20-2013, 02:55 AM
So a down-clocked 3770k vs. a haswell engineering sample chip show faster performance from the 3770k. It's quite possible that haswell will be nothing more than a power efficiency + igpu upgrade for mobile solutions with almost no benefit at all for desktop users. Of course Intel has said a healthy haswell chip shouldn't perform lower than ivybridge, but they're definitely not overselling anything. All they're claiming is that it's not slower. Not that it's any significant upgrade. Read more here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Haswell-core-i7-benchmark-leak,20798.html

Shadman
02-20-2013, 04:41 AM
1. Engineering Samples are usually the same performance as the previous generation, and then when it launches it shows its beauty.

2. There was an update: "Update: Francois Piednoel (Principal Engineer / Performance Architect at Intel) has tweeted the following:
“if you see some #intel #Haswell numbers online, I doubt their veracity,since they are nowhere close to what I have in my lab, please ignore and “#intel #haswell is very healthy in our labs, we don't see any case where it is slower than IvyB. .ru numbers are funky!”

Thats not to say Haswell still may not be promising, its just incredibly too early to tell.

Fimconte
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't think we'll see any significant gains before Skylake with DDR4.

whitespider
02-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Leaving the ps4 still ahead slightly in the memory access department.

Pleiades
02-21-2013, 07:38 AM
So when are Sandy Bridge parts going to come down in price (if ever)? They've been pretty much static the last year...

I'm still on a Q6600 :eek:

Shadman
02-22-2013, 09:05 AM
May time me thinks

Fimconte
02-25-2013, 09:09 PM
So when are Sandy Bridge parts going to come down in price (if ever)? They've been pretty much static the last year...

I'm still on a Q6600 :eek:
Used 2x00k's are pretty cheap.

Retail price won't probably drop since it's going to EoL soon (expected Q1, 2013).