PDA

View Full Version : vsync and 120hz

exgearuser
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I've been systematically going through all my games that could benefit from a higher vsync now that I have the catleap. Ive been having an issue with Portal and Portal 2 limiting itself to 60fps when I force vsync through nvidia settings. The framerates shoot up to 300+ with in game setting only, so I have to use my cards settings. Every game Ive tried so far (Bioshock Infinite, Company of Heroes, Borderlands 2, Batman AC, BF3) have been detecting the refresh rate correctly and limited the frames to 121 as it should. Just wondering if its just a Source engine issue and if I really should worry about it...the tearing without vsync does bother me sometimes but 60 fps limit is almost as annoying.

winterhell
03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Have you tried forcing the preferred resolution/refresh rate with the CRU tool?

Shadman
03-29-2013, 01:32 AM
I have this issue with source games too. You've got to change the full screen option to full windowed mode, or vice versa, I forgot

exgearuser
03-29-2013, 07:20 AM
aaaaand I feel like an idiot. My CRU setting for the custom resolution/refresh was gone and I forgot to check....I guess some games didnt need it?I swear i had some games running 120 fps with v sync on yet no Source game was...doh....Thanks!