PDA

View Full Version : How to fix selling crafted gems in the Auction House

HyperMatrix
05-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey. I wrote this guide on another site. Figure we should share this kinda info here. What happens is 99% of the time, any crafted high level gems that you post on the auction house, don't actually show up. They're invisible. And no one can buy them. Here's what you have to do to "fix" the gems before they can be posted.

NOTE: This MAY/Hopefully is fixed when the Commodity auctions come back. It does NOT circumvent the current status of the commodity auction house being down. It will just fix a bug, once the AH is back in full swing.

Hereís how I get it to work 100% of the time:
- Put all your gems in your Stash (not your bag)
- Put the 2 gems you want to fix in to your bag
- Pull a 2-socket item youíre going to use in your bag. Do NOT socket the gems yet.
- Walk away until the stash window closes and go to the blacksmith. Socket your gems.
- Salvage the item while making sure there are no other gems in your bag at this time
- Go to the auction house. Select the gems in your inventory, and even though itís a stack of 2 gems, select a quantity of 1 to put up for sale. Then put up the next one for sale also as a single item.
- At this point you can cancel/repost them as a stack if you want.

Many of those steps are probably not required but it seems to be what works for me 100% of the time.

Skydivingcows
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Interesting. I haven't played in a few days. Is this fixed on the AH yet or still having to do this trick? Does it show gems purchasable after you do this? I've been looking for gear with gems on them and just buying them that way. It takes some time though.

Vikhyat
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Commodity auctions have been down the past few days (gems, dies, crafting stuff) but they did a patch today. Not sure if they fixed it, but I'll know as soon as I get home.