PDA

View Full Version : Most hated Elite ability. -_-

HyperMatrix
05-27-2012, 05:51 AM
I absolutely hate the ability where there is a chain between all of them and if it touches you for more than 2 seconds you die. And the one where they spawn these purple glow rays that rotate around. Even being a monk and having 75% spell damage reduction right now (aiming for 80-85% with better gear) I take a ton of damage from them.

So annoying for a melee class. :( Is it just tough on Monks? How do you guys handle those abilities on Inferno?

Vikhyat
05-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Coming from a dh, I have to say that mortar enemies are a pain. The chain ones, not so much.

HyperMatrix
05-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Coming from a dh, I have to say that mortar enemies are a pain. The chain ones, not so much.

If the auction house weren't so broken I could actually sell off some of my things and upgrade my gear. I just realized as a monk I can get +All Resist (+20% with buff) and +Elemental Resist (ie. poison resist) also converted to +All Resist with another +20% bonus. So with some better gear I should be sitting at 1400 resist against all elemental type damage. Hopefully that's around 85%? 791 is 72.50% and 949 is 75.98% resist. Which means going from 72.5% to 75.98% is running at 45 resist per percentage point. Another 450 would be another 10% though obviously that amount will probably get worse as I go higher. So either way I'm expecting 81-85% total resist against all spells/etc...

As for Armour, I should be able to hit around 10.5k with a barbarian shout +20% armour boost (could use my own +20% armour boost but went with +20% magic resist instead). 5500 armour is 64.73% damage reduction. 7800 armour is 72.2% damage reduction. Hoping 10.5k is about 80% damage reduction. This is all with around 3k health per second automatically, and another 400 per hit from weapon gem, 400 from weapon stat, and 3% of damage as health, so another 400 health there. That's 1200 health, at 1.6 hits per second, that's 1920. Add that on top of the 3k health per second stats from armour, and that's 5k health per second. While taking 80% less damage from armour, 81-85% less damage from spells, 30% less damage for being a monk, and -25% damage debuff to all enemies I hit. I should be set for easy-mode Inferno!

I love theorycrafting. Now to actually get that that gear....lol.

Vikhyat
05-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to deal with that broken auction house right now. It isn't returning any search results for me atm.

Junkboy
05-29-2012, 06:39 AM
I absolutely hate the ability where there is a chain between all of them and if it touches you for more than 2 seconds you die. And the one where they spawn these purple glow rays that rotate around. Even being a monk and having 75% spell damage reduction right now (aiming for 80-85% with better gear) I take a ton of damage from them.

So annoying for a melee class. :( Is it just tough on Monks? How do you guys handle those abilities on Inferno?

So far those have been pretty bad for me but I keep juking them pretty well after my first encounter. The first time I saw vampiric mobs with aoe poison they almost killed me since I never saw them in SC and almost shit bricks when my 8.6k hp was being melted for the first time ever in HC. Even Diablo himself didn't take more than maybe 1/10 of hp when I stood there and tanked him because of my regen and life steal, but damn elite mobs are melting me. >.<

beefcakes
06-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Mortars.

As far as my undergeared barb goes in inferno. I have to start w/ full rage, and pop three of my 2-min CD's with the defensive mode shield that lasts 3 seconds activated at half-health and just hope I kill one elite X(
..fucking mortars.