PDA

View Full Version : Are they are any Pixel Perfect, 120HZ Catleaps out there?

Mkilbride
06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Cause I can find Pixel perfects, and I can find 120HZ ones on Ebay...

But I won't accept 5 dead pixels. That is so many. I don't accept even 1 dead pixel...it's absurd to even think of that being "OK"

Wish they'd make a 30'' one for like 800$ & 120HZ .

Sick of 60HZ. I love my good old CRT, so smooth, LCD's have been a disappoint ever since I switched to one, but they are getting better.

Satire
06-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Nope. Pixel problems aren't as much of a problem as say yellow tint, brighter half screen, heavy backlight that could occur with an A- panel

HyperMatrix
06-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Cause I can find Pixel perfects, and I can find 120HZ ones on Ebay...

But I won't accept 5 dead pixels. That is so many. I don't accept even 1 dead pixel...it's absurd to even think of that being "OK"

Wish they'd make a 30'' one for like 800$ & 120HZ .

Sick of 60HZ. I love my good old CRT, so smooth, LCD's have been a disappoint ever since I switched to one, but they are getting better.

If you're willing to pay more money, you could buy an HP or Dell 27" monitor that uses the same panel. And buy a 2B monitor. Then swap the panel inside the 2B monitor with the one that came with the (hopefully) perfect HP/Dell monitor. Should cost you a grand total of around $1100.

But I can't stress this enough...if you are looking for a perfect monitor, you need to buy something else. These monitors were never intended to be perfect. If they were perfect like the $1100 apple cinema display, and were 120hz, they'd cost $1500. Not below $500. If you don't understand what you're sacrificing and what you're gaining, I strongly recommend that you do *not* purchase one of these monitors.

2B_or_not_2B
06-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Also, those 'modded' dell/hp monitors would have the same input lag issues due to having all those inputs.

Satire
06-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Well I think people are exaggerating with these input lag issues, the dell u2711 has bigger input lag than the q270 multi and plenty of people game on that no problem

As for competitive FPS gaming, don't kid yourselves people. ask any pro gamer those guys don't even play at 1080p. they will all tell you that playing at a smaller resolution is more efficient.

HyperMatrix
06-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Well the input lag is caused by the PCB that allows the additional inputs/configurations. If you pop a 2B PCB into one of them, they lose their OSD and their inputs, and gain the same low input lag that the Catleaps have. So this could very well be done.