PDA

View Full Version : DVI-D Cable

Rockya
04-27-2012, 10:17 AM
About the cable actually able to transfer this awesome resolution and bringing possibly 100hz + to the monitors. Is it important to keep it short ? Should I spend some extra money to get it gold plated ?

//Rockya

HyperMatrix
04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Well, 100hz shouldn't be an issue. The reason we recommend higher end cables is because dual-link dvi spec can go really really high in bandwidth, as long as the cable can handle it. That's an issue because copper has transfer limitations. So cheaper cables won't let you achieve the same thing as higher end cables. How much of an impact this has? I'm not sure. I wouldn't go out and buy Monster brand cables. I picked up a high quality cable from a local computer shop for $20 and it's been fantastic.

I got a 10 foot cable. But I can't imagine the 15 footer being an issue if you needed to get it.

Rockya
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Was worried about the quality since someone mentioned he couldnt recieve high refreshrate without having the DVI and monitor "warming up".

Thanks for that info :] going from 1680x1050. Think this will rock my world!

Once again thanks and good job !

HyperMatrix
04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Was worried about the quality since someone mentioned he couldnt recieve high refreshrate without having the DVI and monitor "warming up".

Thanks for that info :] going from 1680x1050. Think this will rock my world!

Once again thanks and good job !

That someone was me. :P It only affected roughly 108hz or higher bootups. I'm not sure if it was a cable or monitor issue. But I also don't know anyone who was able to hit 135hz on their monitor like me. So, cable helps. I'm just hoping we have no more of those database crashes we had a few minutes ago. I was in complete panic mode...

Rockya
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Exchange bad quality cables to server :P

OT: it was pure luck I found you guys talking on hardforum after the ... yea there must be dozen's maybe even over hundred ppl that are still stuck on the locked thread. Advertise those ppl somehow would be fanstastic since some of them most likely answered the poll concerning how many ppl that are interested in this monitor.

Still Im a beginner at OC'ing and researching. So it could be me not going with the flow and was lucky to get here and every1 else saw the clear path leading to [H] and finally here.

Sorry for spelling and grammar. Not used to these terms and Ive been drinking beer.

HyperMatrix
04-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Exchange bad quality cables to server :P

OT: it was pure luck I found you guys talking on hardforum after the ... yea there must be dozen's maybe even over hundred ppl that are still stuck on the locked thread. Advertise those ppl somehow would be fanstastic since some of them most likely answered the poll concerning how many ppl that are interested in this monitor.

Still Im a beginner at OC'ing and researching. So it could be me not going with the flow and was lucky to get here and every1 else saw the clear path leading to [H] and finally here.

Sorry for spelling and grammar. Not used to these terms and Ive been drinking beer.

No kidding on the server comment. Lol. Awaiting a callback from a new host. All will be well eventually.

I wonder if bQvle can "edit" his original thread to say COME OVER HERE!!! ----> 120hz.NET Would be nice. :P OR just private message anyone who every posted on there and let them know. Just hoping we can help get more of all those people who voted in the poll on OCN find our new site.

Sn0_Man
04-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's against OCN TOS to advertise this site on their forums which makes it hard to spread the word.

:/

HyperMatrix
04-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's against OCN TOS to advertise this site on their forums which makes it hard to spread the word.

:/

I think not caring about OCN's policies is kinda why we made this forum. Haha. Most of OCN's members who joined for the monitors found it through Google. Our posts are the reason they came up as #1 on google search. My youtube video comes up as #4 with a picture on Google. That's where I get a lot of traffic from. It grabs attention. ;) But the better we do here, and the more we cut down on OCN, this site will come to the #1 spot on Google and we'll be fine!

bigmac11
04-28-2012, 04:06 AM
I think not caring about OCN's policies is kinda why we made this forum. Haha. Most of OCN's members who joined for the monitors found it through Google. Our posts are the reason they came up as #1 on google search. My youtube video comes up as #4 with a picture on Google. That's where I get a lot of traffic from. It grabs attention. ;) But the better we do here, and the more we cut down on OCN, this site will come to the #1 spot on Google and we'll be fine!

Rock on :)

Kosta
04-28-2012, 04:18 AM
If I google for Catleap 100Hz, I don't see it... maybe different DNS?

HyperMatrix
04-28-2012, 09:03 AM
If I google for Catleap 100Hz, I don't see it... maybe different DNS?

Thanks for the heads up. Did some search engine optimization and submitted the site. Added an optimization module as well. It's now showing up when I search for 100hz catleap. But only in 6th place. Hopefully with some more activity that will be taken care of. =D

I should probably add as well, that we're not "officially/fully" open until we move to a new server. We had 4 database server crashes yesterday and I want to make sure the site is stable before we get swarmed. =D