PDA

View Full Version : Working Outlast SLI settings (so far)

Snowman
09-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I picked up Outlast today and was disappointed to see no SLI support and feared that it wouldn't run at 120 FPS on my main monitor.

So, I made an Nvidia profile and (shockingly) it worked! ~33% boost in framerates so far so I thought I'd share with my fellow videophiles.

This worked on 2 GTX 670's and I haven't done a lot of testing yet so keep that in mind.

================================================== ======================

In Nvidia Inspector I created a new profile, named it Outlast, and added to the profile:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Outlast\Binaries\OLga me.exe

Next I changed the SLI compatibility bits and SLI settings as seen below:
(Note: you can ignore the VSYNC options. I only changed those for framerate testing.)

Outlast is an unreal engine game so I just randomly picked the SLI compatibility of another unreal engine game that I knew worked with SLI. The very first one I tried seems to be working great.

================================================== =====================

Also, the engine config document is at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Outlast\Engine\Config \BaseEngine.ini

Changing:

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
to
bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE

removed the 60 FPS limit.

================================================== ======================

I've only had a chance to try the game on a 1920x1080 60hz screen as of yet but once I'm able to get back to my QNIX I'll try it out at 1440p 120hz.

If I get a solid 120 FPS I'll leave it as is, if not I'll try some more adjustments and update.

Also, I haven't been able to get the EVGA PrecisionX on screen display to show for this game. If anyone has any ideas about that I'd like to hear them.

Mkilbride
09-07-2013, 07:01 AM
I used these settings and SLI is indeed enabled, however I get constant stuttering / jerkiness.

Snowman
09-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Bummer!

It's working flawlessly for me.

You could try the different SLI rendering modes. Maybe AFR2 would work better with your cards. I'm also using the latest Nvidia drivers in case it matters.

Fonky
10-19-2014, 06:18 AM
So, I made an Nvidia profile and (shockingly) it worked! ~33% boost in framerates so far so I thought I'd share with my fellow videophiles.
If I get a solid 120 FPS I'll leave it as is, if not I'll try some more adjustments and update.