PDA

View Full Version : Metro: Last Light is a gem

nocturnal7x
09-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Idk what it is, I got metro 2033 like a year after it came out and I fucking loved it. So I was on this Planetside 2 binge for 7 months and completely ignored last light.

Anyway, saw a sale on steam and I was bored so I bought it. HOLY SHIT. This is the most amazing looking game I have ever played. I have it maxed out, motion blur normal and SSAA at 2x. 4x SSAA cause my FPS to go to 15 lol. But 2x SSAA and tessellation turned all the way up on very high (max) im getting 30-45 fps and a pretty solid 30 while recording.

But holy shit does this game look amazing.

Original is 1440p of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoM5aN-yVng

A good amount of the beginning of the game, the cut scenes are pre recorded and look shitty, but the game in real time is amazing. Im amazed at what this studio, under poor working conditions and a tight budget was able to accomplish. I have not seen a game like this since crysis 1.

I am pleased with my $20 purchase(was a good sale :D). If you haven't picked this one up, I highly recommend it, puts a lot of other games to shame. FYI the story is also solid, being based on a book helps :D

HyperMatrix
09-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Wow. For $20 you definitely can't go wrong. I played a bit of it. Was definitely fun. Much better graphics than some terrible console ports from bigger companies. I'm looking at you, Lost Planet and Dead Space. Once you start getting accustomed to higher end gaming, you begin to notice the shortcomings of games from smaller/less funded developers. I felt like the game was the same engine as the original and was pretty much the same thing. I did enjoy the first one. There were some CPU optimization issues with both versions for 120Hz gaming. But all in all...for $20, probably the best game you can buy.

You're tempting me to get back into 1440p game capture/mini reviews with the limited amount of time I have available. :P

Shadman
09-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I'll have to play it. The original scared me a little too much and even when I manned up i got stuck. Maybe I'll try it again, or get Last Light soon.

nocturnal7x
09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I'll have to play it. The original scared me a little too much and even when I manned up i got stuck. Maybe I'll try it again, or get Last Light soon.

I got stuck in 2033 a few times too, that game was glitchy. Last light seems to have most of the game breaking bugs fixed. And so far, last light isn't as scary as 2033 imo.