PDA

View Full Version : New Monitor! QX2700

beefcakes
06-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Not a PC Bank but apparently each 1440 IPS needs its own category. Here's a link. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Qnix-27-LED-Monitor-Full-HD-2560x1440-high-resolution-S-IPS-DVI-dual-link-/200775098203?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item2ebf20df5b#ht_13665wt_1163)

The stand looks WAY sturdier than the catleap (though less stylish imo), and the vesa mounts looks more accessible. Has/Can anyone tried/try this out? For great science!

120HzNET
06-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Like I posted in the other thread I will be buying one of these and the other Yamakasi. I plan on doing complete swaps (PCBs, housings, etc.) to see what's what. Stay tuned for a new thread once I get back to town in a few weeks.

I like the other Yama housing better and this one has a great stand - I don't think it gets much sturdier than attaching to the VESA point.

beefcakes
06-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Ok. Ordered mine last Friday in the afternoon. Marked shipped Tuesday. Got it 8 days later (earlier today) after payment here in Los Angeles.

I'm at work all night so I unfortunately can't play with it. It came with the box itself and NOTHING ELSE. No bubble wrap whatsoever. It's a cause for concern because on the box where an arrow points to a side labelled "panel", it is obviously concave.

I plan on video taping the whole unboxing to have as proof of any damages prior to using it. Not sure if it will help though.

beefcakes
07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Ok, no physical damage on the Qnix monitor. Phew. The stand isn't wobbly on its own, however, if you type as fast/hard as I do on a membrane keyboard, then it's going to start to shake a bit, it's also relative to the absolute value of the shakeability of your desk. . No dead pixels, but there is a slight backlight bleed IF I turn up the brightness really high on pure black, bottom corner bleeds appear at about (threshold) 20% and weird shaped small top bleed appear at about 60% brightness. No bleeds are noticeable at current brightness. I think I have it at 30%? Moving on to the features or lack of em.. no OSD, just a single dual DVI, 2W speakers, volume controls, brightness controls, power led, activity led (to represent a change in volume/brightness each time you press it). The buttons are VERY stiff, to the point that you will wobble the mother f'n monitor. It has enough weight to counter it, but it's best to use your other hand to hold it down. Colors seem legit on stock, I'll play w/ them later.

And finally.. drumrooollllll..
64hz OC'd.

Overall I'm pretty happy. $295 for my first 1440. Greensum had the catleaps at $290 at the time of purchase, but those were practically GUARANTEED non-OCeable, so I took my chances with a different model. Based on reading reviews of the catleaps, would I recommend these over the non 2B's? mmm.. most likely. The listing didn't mention any dead pixel policy, no warnings about a possible 1-4 dead/stuck pixels. That PLUS the fact that I did indeed get a monitor with NO dead pixels gives me the impression that these QNIX monitors in fact SHOULDN'T have dead/stuck pixels. Of course, I'm not too certain of it. But if it is the case and the buyer is adamant about having NO DEAD PIXELS, then I would recommend these over catleaps.

So in essence
Pro's for QNIX:
1. Possible guarantee (oxymoron?) of no dead pixels
2. Vesa mount is more accessible than the OLDER catleap

Pros for the catleap
1. I actually like the aesthetics of the stand (is it the base of the stand that wobbles? or is it the stem?...)
2. When 2B PCB's come out, they're more than likely a better fit for the catleaps than ANY other monitor

Scannall
07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I recently purchased a Qnix as well. And I love it. No dead pixels, minimal backlight bleed. You can only see it with the brightness cranked all the way up, on a black screen in a dark room. No shaking or wobbling for me. The stand looks well designed and is fairly heavy. The color was pretty close to spot on when I got it, and after 15 minutes or so of adjusting looks perfect. And for $295 I just couldn't be happier.

beefcakes
07-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I recently purchased a Qnix as well. And I love it. No dead pixels, minimal backlight bleed. You can only see it with the brightness cranked all the way up, on a black screen in a dark room. No shaking or wobbling for me. The stand looks well designed and is fairly heavy. The color was pretty close to spot on when I got it, and after 15 minutes or so of adjusting looks perfect. And for $295 I just couldn't be happier.

Nice man. So far 2/2 in perfect pixel for us! Haha. I just wished my desk was sturdier so the vibration doesn't transfer to the stand.

dhelsten
09-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I have a QNIX2700 but am unable to get it to run past the boot screen and the window's logo (the look fine so the monitor isn't dead). The power light turns red and the monitor off when normally one would see the mouse pointer on the screen. I've tried using GT210, GT440 and GT640 graphics cards using a DVI-Dual link cable. I've loaded the latest drivers.

May I ask what graphics cards you are using and any other tips for getting the monitor up and running.

Scannall
09-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I have a QNIX2700 but am unable to get it to run past the boot screen and the window's logo (the look fine so the monitor isn't dead). The power light turns red and the monitor off when normally one would see the mouse pointer on the screen. I've tried using GT210, GT440 and GT640 graphics cards using a DVI-Dual link cable. I've loaded the latest drivers.

May I ask what graphics cards you are using and any other tips for getting the monitor up and running.

I'm using a ASUS 6870 1 gig card. My best guess is your cable is the problem. There are a few DVI-Dual link cables out there that just have the single link pins hooked up, Borrow a known good cable and see if that works.

gfresh404
09-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Ok, no physical damage on the Qnix monitor. Phew. The stand isn't wobbly on its own, however, if you type as fast/hard as I do on a membrane keyboard, then it's going to start to shake a bit, it's also relative to the absolute value of the shakeability of your desk. . No dead pixels, but there is a slight backlight bleed IF I turn up the brightness really high on pure black, bottom corner bleeds appear at about (threshold) 20% and weird shaped small top bleed appear at about 60% brightness. No bleeds are noticeable at current brightness. I think I have it at 30%? Moving on to the features or lack of em.. no OSD, just a single dual DVI, 2W speakers, volume controls, brightness controls, power led, activity led (to represent a change in volume/brightness each time you press it). The buttons are VERY stiff, to the point that you will wobble the mother f'n monitor. It has enough weight to counter it, but it's best to use your other hand to hold it down. Colors seem legit on stock, I'll play w/ them later.

And finally.. drumrooollllll..
64hz OC'd.

Overall I'm pretty happy. $295 for my first 1440. Greensum had the catleaps at $290 at the time of purchase, but those were practically GUARANTEED non-OCeable, so I took my chances with a different model. Based on reading reviews of the catleaps, would I recommend these over the non 2B's? mmm.. most likely. The listing didn't mention any dead pixel policy, no warnings about a possible 1-4 dead/stuck pixels. That PLUS the fact that I did indeed get a monitor with NO dead pixels gives me the impression that these QNIX monitors in fact SHOULDN'T have dead/stuck pixels. Of course, I'm not too certain of it. But if it is the case and the buyer is adamant about having NO DEAD PIXELS, then I would recommend these over catleaps.

So in essence
Pro's for QNIX:
1. Possible guarantee (oxymoron?) of no dead pixels
2. Vesa mount is more accessible than the OLDER catleap

Pros for the catleap
1. I actually like the aesthetics of the stand (is it the base of the stand that wobbles? or is it the stem?...)
2. When 2B PCB's come out, they're more than likely a better fit for the catleaps than ANY other monitor

Have you (or anyone else for that matter) tested the Input Lag? Thanks in advance

Sn0_Man
09-05-2012, 12:08 PM
It will have extremely low input lag, comparable to all the other single-input cheapo Korean displays, due to lack of scaler/osd/other internals to slow it down.

No, I haven't tested.

AndrewPoirier
09-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi guys,

I'm having issues getting my QX2700 working with Windows 7. It detects the monitor but doesn't report any available resolutions. I don't get the bios screen either.

Here's an image of what it looks like:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/andypoi/monitor.png
(the 1st monitor is just the LogMeIn utility I used to get the screenshot)

Does this mean my video card doesn't support it? I have an MSI R4350 (http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R4350-MD512H.html#?div=Specification) which claims available resolutions up to 2560 x 1600.

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Steelyglint
01-03-2013, 04:20 AM
Hi guys,

I'm having issues getting my QX2700 working with Windows 7. It detects the monitor but doesn't report any available resolutions. I don't get the bios screen either.

Here's an image of what it looks like:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/andypoi/monitor.png
(the 1st monitor is just the LogMeIn utility I used to get the screenshot)

Does this mean my video card doesn't support it? I have an MSI R4350 (http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R4350-MD512H.html#?div=Specification) which claims available resolutions up to 2560 x 1600.

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Your graphics card does not support DVI-D...only DVI-I...think that may be your problem