PDA

View Full Version : Anyone can help me with my qnix 2710 please

bayz11
11-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello guys

Im using qnix 2710 with dvi port only.just brought weeks ago.i use it for a week oc to 120hz with no problem until i change my psu from 750 to 850.i plug back dvi and i realize that my oc setting is gone.

So i try to reset the patcher back to normal, and start adding a new setting to my cru.after i restart, the monitor show factory test colour (just like test pixel colour). I thought something wrong happen, so i plug to my old monitor with hdmi cable.and its no problem.
I use to be able to view boot display and bios as well.but after change my psu.my qnix only able to display in windows.Not in boot, the blue l.e.d just blink when in boot mode

Any idea what happening?my guess is maybe i mess up with window resolution setting or my dvi cable not function properly.

Update : .i try to upgrade my windows from 7 to windows 8.1 still no luck.and i just concern why i used to be able to view boot display and bio but now the display just black until i go in to the windows. if anyone can tell me is it a way to reset the monitor back to old setting? or maybe i mess up with my cable? and if i buy a dvi dual link to display port can it also go to 1440p ?

HyperMatrix
11-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Try plugging the monitor into the other DL-DVI port. Often times prior to a windows boot, the card is designed to output to a certain port. Switching that should hopefully resolve the issue for you.

bayz11
11-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Try plugging the monitor into the other DL-DVI port. Often times prior to a windows boot, the card is designed to output to a certain port. Switching that should hopefully resolve the issue for you.

i have to dvi port.both of them doesnt work.maybe i will have to try my friends desktop

HyperMatrix
11-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Well your windows settings shouldn't be affecting your pre-windows/bios settings. What video card are you using? And did you install Win8.1 in standard mode or in UEFI mode?

bayz11
11-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Well your windows settings shouldn't be affecting your pre-windows/bios settings. What video card are you using? And did you install Win8.1 in standard mode or in UEFI mode?

Im using radeon r9 280x. I install win 8.1 with usb drive.it happen with win 7 as well.thats why i thought i try different os and thought it will be okay.do you think psu can affect that?cause before i change my psu from 750 to 850.everything seem to be fine

HyperMatrix
11-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Im using radeon r9 280x. I install win 8.1 with usb drive.it happen with win 7 as well.thats why i thought i try different os and thought it will be okay.do you think psu can affect that?cause before i change my psu from 750 to 850.everything seem to be fine

I honestly can't think of any way in which a PSU swap would affect a monitor displaying an image prior to loading into windows. I'd have to put my money on a video card/bios setting issue. For example, during some of your switchovers is it possible that your bios switched to iGPU mode? So prior to windows loading, the bios could be sending the signal to your iGPU port instead? Take a look in there. If all seems well there, try putting the video card in another slot temporarily and see if anything comes up.

bayz11
11-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I honestly can't think of any way in which a PSU swap would affect a monitor displaying an image prior to loading into windows. I'd have to put my money on a video card/bios setting issue. For example, during some of your switchovers is it possible that your bios switched to iGPU mode? So prior to windows loading, the bios could be sending the signal to your iGPU port instead? Take a look in there. If all seems well there, try putting the video card in another slot temporarily and see if anything comes up.

No luck as well.im start to believe something wrong with my gpu.i also turn off my igpu already.and still cant go into bios mode.
I seriously lost about how i can go to bios before,but now i cant with the same qniz 2710.maybe somethingnwrong with my monitor

Shadman
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
That is extremely coincidental then, as a power supply change should have nothing to do with it. Unless the power supply is slightly faulty, but you would notice other symptoms too.

Only can do the process of elimination. Any way to test the DVI port on the video card, not the HDMI? Did you ever try your monitor on your friends desktop?

bayz11
11-16-2013, 12:25 AM
That is extremely coincidental then, as a power supply change should have nothing to do with it. Unless the power supply is slightly faulty, but you would notice other symptoms too.

Only can do the process of elimination. Any way to test the DVI port on the video card, not the HDMI? Did you ever try your monitor on your friends desktop?

My qnix 27 only have dvi output.i havent try to use other desktop.maybe if i have time im gonna try tomorrow.coz my friend live quite far and the monitor quite big

Sneaky
11-16-2013, 04:25 AM
What Motherboard do you have?

bayz11
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
What Motherboard do you have?

Problem solved.thx guys.i just fix it by switch my dual bios.

Shadman
11-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Interesting. Glad you got it going!

HyperMatrix
11-17-2013, 02:53 AM
Told you it'd have to be a Bios setting. ;)