PDA

View Full Version : refresh rate problem in D3

vafan13
09-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I decided to hop on D3 for a bit, something I haven't done since I got my 2B monitor but quickly noticed it didn't feel "smooth". I then opened up fraps and it was pegged at 50fps. I took off vsync and it wasnt pegged, but still was not smooth. Looks like D3 is using 50hz (???) instead of the 100hz everything else uses.

Does anyone else have this problem and how can I force it to use correct refresh? "DisplayModeRefreshRate" in D3Prefs.ini doesn't seem to help.

HyperMatrix
09-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure if it's a refresh rate issue so much as it being a scroll/pan update per second issue. But this has been reported with d3 since launch.

whitespider
09-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Diablo 3 updates the framerate in ticks rather than frames. The mouse cursor/UI elements are running at the screen refresh rate, the actual in-engine framerate is limited internally (I would say for network reasons). Using the ingame vsync smooths out the way the internal engine renders. So it produces the closest thing you are going to get to a smooth framerate. That's why a lot of us graphics snobs throw things like ssao and external AA/injectors over the top of diablo 3. Because it makes very little difference to the smoothness of the internal graphics engine.

Aias
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I dont feel it with diablo3.But it is the kind of game you didnt care... i feel Darksider2 doesnt play smoothly .The best with high difference with my old HP ZR2740w is SF xTekken

zerohour
09-09-2012, 06:39 PM
You can make Diablo 3 run at higher fps but for some reason it's worse than at 60hz. The screen gets very choppy and a whole lot of stutter.. but as Aias said, it doesn't need the higher fps.