PDA

View Full Version : Oled

OskyATL
09-15-2012, 05:06 AM
as the allure of oled and it's features are inescapable, how long do you think it will be before the manufacturing is simplified and it's lifespan issues controled? or do you think it will be unable to over come it's manufacturing cost?

I have a lot of interest in it watching the tech evolve and it's imaginative applications.

also, would you buy a laptop/any device with a transparent screen? or maybe a screen with a one-way mirror attached?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwCi-WqMIFA

nocturnal7x
09-15-2012, 11:16 AM
No, maybe it has its uses but they are not displayed in that video. For regular use, or even most irregular use thats completely useless lol. Sony sells OLED monitors anywhere from $2500 to $26000 apparently lol. Maybe in 10 years :P

OskyATL
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
maybe in 10 years they'll have it, maybe longer is what I'll guess. Seems like the manufacturing process is too difficult to really make it a product for the average consumer. the dust or whatever actually goes into the oled is expensive and the process seems too difficult to be viable any time soon. but they've made great progress in the past 5 or so years. samsung has a 50" tv out I believe over 10k.

whitespider
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
100,000hz refresh rate.

Imagine playing pong at 100,000fps.