PDA

View Full Version : 1080p HDMI/Component Capture/Encode Cards

HyperMatrix
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey. AverMedia came out with 2 cards recently.

The Game Broadcaster HD:

Hooked up to a PS3, you can record your gameplay at a full 1080p30. You can't record while a Bluray is playing, however, due to HDCP.

Box content:

And they also came out with the Live Gamer HD, which is the same as the Game Broadcaster HD but uses a built in hardware encoder instead of using your system to do it. This model also comes with audio inputs so you can record yourself as you play. And also has HDMI passthrough.

Comparisonison between the two:

I bought the Game Broadcaster HD. It's phenomenal. I've hooked up my PVR to it so I can watch TV right on my Yamakasi Catleap monitor. Looks absolutely brilliant. I've also used it to record iPad games/apps. Here are 2 videos I made. One showing TV recording, and one showing iPad record. Note: You will likely be unable to record iPad in the same quality as the iPad is technically HDCP compliant. As is this card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI8JgS2eJf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OIRYoX6kz8

Junkboy
05-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow video's looks absolutely stunning, If I still watched live TV or used set top boxes one of these would be awesome for use on a PC. Man I can still remember even a few years ago how bad capture cards were :p . Good buy Matrix

HyperMatrix
05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
One thing I'm not allowed to elaborate on is that with these cards it's technically possible to record digital hdcp protected content without a digital->analog conversion. So straight digital recording. :P

HyperMatrix
06-01-2012, 02:30 AM
I just thought I'd add...I use this to connect other HDMI devices for viewing on my Catleap. Have my DVR, iPad, and Apple TV hooked up. I launch the app, and I have myself full screen high quality 1080p content stretched out to 1440p. Works very very well. :)

HyperMatrix
06-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Here's a video clip of what it's like. Keep in mind, this is encoded once, then re-encoded again once uploaded to YouTube. Still looks damn good. ;) Uploaded in 1080p because I am indeed hax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIm3H-t1_30

WilVidz
09-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Can you explain how you hooked up your capture card to your monitor?
I thought korean monitors don't work with HDMI>DVI adapter.

EDIT: I was trying to see if I could get the Live Gamer HD to capture 1080p on my PC but I wont be able to hook up my Qnix QX2710 EVO II 1440p monitor from the output of the Live Gamer HD. HyperMatix explained to me that he uses it to connect other HDMI devices to capture and to connect to his Catleap. I did not see the quote which would have answered my question.

I just thought I'd add...I use this to connect other HDMI devices for viewing on my Catleap. Have my DVR, iPad, and Apple TV hooked up. I launch the app, and I have myself full screen high quality 1080p content stretched out to 1440p. Works very very well.

cockroachlurcher
09-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Can you explain how you hooked up your capture card to your monitor?
I thought korean monitors don't work with HDMI>DVI adapter.
I imagine he just hooks his catleap up to his graphics card as usual and expands the capture window, not directly connect through the card?
Also hyper, what's the cpu usage like while capturing?

HyperMatrix
09-21-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm not sure of the CPU usage (or if its gpu usage since it's h264 and nvidia cards have a built in encoder for it?). I've only used it to capture external devices (think multi-input model) so CPU usage never came up and I never worried about it. Currently it's not plugged into my case. With 3 titans and 3 radiators have a bit of an issue with one pcie slot covered by the radiator pretty much. Going to have to get a pcie extender cable to hook it up.