PDA

View Full Version : Toasty, you think you could somehow allow us to select Pre-rendered @ 0 again? NV.

Mkilbride
09-27-2012, 02:54 AM
NVIDIA cards used to allow pre-rendered @ 0, which in certain games, such as Diablo 3, eliminated judder / stutter. However, later drives now allow it @ 1, max, even using NV Inspector. So in games such as Diablo 3...I get stutter.

I don't know why they removed the option.

You seem like a smart fellow with a talent for hacking drivers, like to know if it's possible.

ToastyX
09-27-2012, 05:31 PM
You overestimate my abilities (or I underestimate mine). I don't even know where to begin looking for that. Small values like 0 and 1 are so common that it would be very hard to find.

Mkilbride
09-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Ah, a shame, I just thought it might be possible.

It's a real weird thing NVIDIA took it out and didn't tell us why.

necriss
09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
IIRC Nvidia said there was no difference between 0 and 1 in regards to input lag (lol) and in all cases prerendered 1 obviously gave a slight fps boost so they made it default.

Mkilbride
09-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Not true at all.

Previous drivers; when I put it @ 0, Diablo 3 had no stutter. Then, uninstalled, driver cleaned, and installed the new ones. Set it @ 1, as it was the new max, every other setting was the same. Got stutter.

whitespider
09-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Diablo 3's engine is a flawed piece of code. It's actually interesting to me that setting the pre-rendered frames to 0 got rid of the stutter in the game.