PDA

View Full Version : Star Citizen: The second coming of crysis?

nocturnal7x
10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I found this (http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/star-citizen-preview-the-open-world-space-sim-of-our-dreams/) article in PCGamer today. This is a game built from the ground up for the PC exclusively. I have mixed feelings about it using CryEngine 3; dont get me wrong CE3 is an amazing engine but I hate crytek for what they did to crysis.

All that aside this game looks amazing. I have not played a space flight sim since Freespace 2 and this game will have a huge multiplayer element to boot! Its been a long time since the PC has had an exclusive title that also pushed the hardware. I am so tired of console ports and I know a lot of you are too. Not too often do we hear stories of devs forgoing the publisher route because they want freedom to fulfill their vision over the easy money.

Im going to be closely following this games development and I may throw a few $ their way for that alpha/beta access.

HyperMatrix
10-10-2012, 06:05 PM
They went from a game that was a benchmark for PC gaming for years, to a poor console port. I don't get it. I hope they give us something amazing for Crysis 3.

jedi95
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
They went from a game that was a benchmark for PC gaming for years, to a poor console port. I don't get it. I hope they give us something amazing for Crysis 3.

Highly doubt it.

It's cross platform like Crysis 2, so I expect more of the same crap.

nocturnal7x
10-11-2012, 01:11 AM
I don't get it.

Cevat Yerli bought into EA's BS about piracy. Crytek and EA thought crysis should have sold like COD but didn't because of piracy. Crysis and warhead sold a few million copies, that wasn't good enough for them so they made "crysis 2" a console game expecting it would sell 10 million copies(no exaggeration if you believe EAs math that a console game sells 3-4 times more copies than a PC game). Funny thing is to this day crysis 2 has sold fewer copies across all 3 platforms combined than crysis sold on PC exclusively.

At least that is how I understand it :P

Shadman
10-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Funny thing is to this day crysis 2 has sold fewer copies across all 3 platforms combined than crysis sold on PC exclusively.

At least that is how I understand it :P

I'm not calling you a liar, but could you show me something that shows that? Just curious

nocturnal7x
10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm not calling you a liar, but could you show me something that shows that? Just curious

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=crysis+2 Just a note, to my knowledge VG hchartz does not track digital sales (steam doesn't release #s for example)

Crysis #s ar harder to find, from what ive read by 2008 they sold about 1 million copies of crysis, by 2010 they were over 3 million and warhead had over a million as well.
http://www.zuse.hessen.de/mm/Konrad_Zuse_Kongress_Yerli_Final.pdf

If anyone is to blame for this its crytek not marketing their game correctly. Crysis was extremely scalable, it played fine (FINE!? ILL GIVE YOU FINE! *jk*) (I got about 20fps lol) on my 8800GT on high/med mix, anyone with a gaming PC could have played this game in 2007. I think the high recommended requirements hurt a bit. But the high requirements helped the game to sell over time, even to this day.

ok, back to star citizen! Here is some concept art :P

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/star-citizen-concept-art-blow-out/

lol the robertsspaceindustries.com website is still down. They have received a high volume of traffic since officially announcing the game. I can't wait to see what the $'s raised are at, I think they are going to exceed their goals. PC gamers have money (as a people we do, many of us don't but in general, you get the idea).

HyperMatrix
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I looked at a 5 minute video of this game on Gametrailers.com. Honestly...not that impressive from the video. Graphics were weak, imo. The design didn't show anything I hadn't seen before. Besides, this already exists. Pretty much the same thing. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGe_42C0c1A

nocturnal7x
10-11-2012, 11:12 PM
oh god a mobile game. MY EYES!

From what I saw of the 40 minuet(after BS) GDC announcement it looks amazing from a concept/models standpoint. My one bud doesn't get it either, guess you really have to be a fan of the genre.

HyperMatrix
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Don't hate on mobile games. The new iPhone 5 games like real racing 3 have better graphics than the wii. And with unreal engine and cryengine moving to iOS, there's a lot to be excited about. iPhone 6s will match Xbox/ps3 graphics.

Shadman
10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
But....the controls suck. Why would they make a platform where you have to put your fingers in the way of the screen?

Honestly, I'm not sure why the PSP wasn't more of a hit.

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 01:23 AM
But....the controls suck. Why would they make a platform where you have to put your fingers in the way of the screen?

Honestly, I'm not sure why the PSP wasn't more of a hit.

PSP sucks...I have both the original Phat PSP-1000 (or was it 1001?). Jailbroken, so to speak. Know what I used it for? PSX emulator. That's all. Well, some games were decent on it. That device...I actually liked. Few issues, but all in all very amazing for its time. The new PSP? I pre-ordered that too. Haven't played more than 5 hours on it. Why? Well...the games suck shit. The same shit that developers make for iPhone/iPad, they re-package, stick on the PSP store, and charge $40-$50 instead of the $5-$10 that you pay for it on the iPhone/iPad. Why? The iPad 3 has the same graphics processor as the new PSP. And the new iPhone 5 is close (I believe it's a tri-core GPU?). Perhaps when phones and tablets do better, the games on PSP will improve. But currently it's a terrible terrible platform, and the pricing is out of line with what I'm used to paying on my iPhone/iPad. Seriously. $6.99 for Fifa 13 on iPad/iPhone 5, which works on both devices for me, or $50 for the same thing on the PSP.

For gaming I do stick to my iPad more than my iPhone. The screen is so big using the bottom corners as controllers is very comfortable. When it comes to driving games, however, the iPhone/iPad have a huge advantage. It's much more intuitive than gaming on any other platform.

The PSP uses the stupid touch-sensitive bottom. Which just means I actually activate something all the time as I'm playing because my hands touch the area while I'm holding the damn thing. The analog sticks on it are still horrid. And the web browser on it is a sad excuse for anything.

PSP has good hardware, but it's fairly low-res. Look at a game like Uncharted that came out with the console. This one wasn't developed by naughty dog, but it was ugly. It wasn't even running at full resolution. It was upscaled. And the framerate was terrible on it as well. I don't know why Sony doesn't get this. Why do I know what will and won't work, but no one in the PSP development department can look at basic of marketing and the evolution of gaming and game pricing.

You know why iPhone games are cheaper? It's not because they lack depth. A lot of them take quite a bit of development time, and are very very good. The reason is, at a lower pricepoint, they might make only 20% of the regular profit per sale, but they'll also sell 10x more than they would if they charged $40 as opposed to $7.99. Sony didn't understand that concept. So they're crippling their own system by making games expensive, meaning less new hardware sales, which lead to less software sales, and therefore.....less game development. It's just stupid stupid logic. I don't understand, really, how a company as big as Sony can make such a huge mistake.

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 01:27 AM
For anyone that doubts the power of the iPad3/iPhone5, check out this video. More games like it will be coming out as CryEngine and Unreal Engine 3 are beginning to pump out games for iOS. Seriously. Look at this video, and tell me this level of graphics is not amazing for a mobile platform. I'd say it outdoes what the Wii can do, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dqqfvtvmr8

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 01:29 AM
And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmkYHZpel3Y

Shadman
10-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Well yeah, they pretty much fucked themselves on that.
First PSP has 1 joystick, so any shooting games you had to aim with.... X Square Triangle and O...really?
And the touch buttons are pretty stupid, I'll give you that.
And the pricing? You nailed that.

OK fine, I'm not surprised its where its at now. But it had potential.

I'm sure the fact that its a gaming-only device (unlike a phone) probably didn't help either. And why the price is higher on games.

Stupid Sony. Still don't like mobile games.

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Thought I'd add....that currently the Xbox 360 and PS3 have roughly 3x-4x more graphical power than the iPad3. Limited Vram does make that a slightly bigger issue for them as well. If we follow the performance increase rate Apple has stuck to, the iPad can match the PS3/Xbox for performance. That may not be as impressive as you'd think since most xbox/ps3 games run at under 720p resolution, and the iPad should doing higher than 1080p to match its native resolution. Just an FYI on iPhone graphical performance. Here's how it went:

iPhone 3g -> iPhone 3gs = 4x Graphical Performance
iPhone 3gs -> iPhone 4 = 2x Graphical Performance
iPhone 4 -> iPhone 4s = 4x Graphical Performance
iPhone 4s -> iPhone 5 = 2x Graphical Performance.

Now...that's pretty impressive and you guys know it. These are the actual numbers. Meaning the iPhone 5 has 60x the graphical processing power of the iPhone 3g. What's even more impressive is that the Tri-GPU inside the iPhone 5 is actually not new or top of the line. It's the same GPU used in the PSP and iPad3 (both in a quad-gpu configuration). PowerVR already has another chip they've finished already. It gives out 20x the performance of current chips. Yes...that's no joke...while the current GPU puts out roughly 7gflops, this new one does 100's of gflops. So, if Apple went with one of these new mobile GPU's, even if it went from a triple-chip setup to dual-chip, at least for the iPad, you'd see performance at least about 2x higher than the PS3/Xbox360.

Just so we're clear....the new chip is still only 7% of the power a GTX 680 gives you. That's only natural. The chips are efficient and are powerful, but power constraints and being realistic come into play here. What's interesting, however, is that these chips can be set up in up to 16x config, meaning...they can theoretically out-power a GTX 680. Though again, due to battery issues, Apple will never do that. They'll stick to a single core for iPhone5, and dual core for iPad3, allowing them to get another huge graphical power increase, while also increasing battery life. Exciting times, my friends. Exciting times. I love iPad gaming. I really do.

Edit: What did you think of the videos above, Shad? Not too shabby for "mobile," eh?

R0berk
10-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Not too shabby, indeed, but...still, why would I ever play any "serious" game on a phone or tablet? If there aren't any actual buttons, I'm not going to be comfortable due to the terrible control. Mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones aren't for "hardcore" games such as Battlefield 3, Starcraft 2, or even World of Warcraft. If there is no keyboard, mouse, controller, etc. then it's not going to work. And I don't know about you all, but my PC has got to be at least 50x as powerful as the new iPad, if not more. I'm not going to take a step back just so my device is "mobile." Not to mention my 120hz Catleap.

The iPad may be creeping up on those seven year old consoles (grats), but they're nowhere near as powerful as a gaming PC. In five more years, maybe they'll somehow be as powerful as our PC's are today...But imagine our PC's in five years. The performance of our gaming PC's in five years is something we can't even really comprehend.

tl;dr Gimme a controller. PC ftw.

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 03:42 AM
You can get a controller for your iPad. But that defeats the purpose. Some games work better with touch. Like Civilization. Driving games. Dungeon style games and tower defense games work great. 2d platformers or things like Trials Extreme, or angry birds/etc...are easier with touch. It is NOT a good platform for first person shooters.

Regarding WoW....I'll partially agree with you. But...I have to say it's actually decent. It won't beat a PC. But for a game you have available to you on the go...this is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbymbsAS768

And the Diablo clone version of it from the same company:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMP5Gwu4kJw

R0berk
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I just can't stand the whole tablets/smartphones are killing PCs thing. Both have their purpose in this world. Tablets and smartphones will never become so powerful that they make PCs worthless. If anything, the gap in power between tablets and PC's is widening. Put the fastest tablet on the market (iPad?) up against a PC with an i7 3960X and quad 680's, all overclocked. I don't think a smartphone or tablet will ever come to the point of even being able to support that power unless there are some very huge innovations in mobile processors...Not to mention a battery revolution. They've got their places. Tablets/smartphones are easily a casual market right now, and will likely stay that way for a while.

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
50% of my ipad3 time is used to splashtop over and control my windows 7 pc. To me, iPad gives me partial computer capabilities in an easy package on the go. It will never ever replace my pc. I think tablets will become even better as a cloud computing interface as Internet connections improve. Did you know theyre working on making that service...I forget it's name...that allows you to play games through the cloud...come to the iPad? So you hook up a wireless game pad to your iPad, then play the latest pc games streamed through the cloud.

I think that's amazing.

NightFox
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I forget it's name...
Now there is "OnLive" and "Gaikai".
Coming soon "Smart Glass".
In addition, there are similar technologies "Playcast" and "AirPlay".
And then there is such a thing: http://streammygame.com

nocturnal7x
10-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Did you know theyre working on making that service...I forget it's name...that allows you to play games through the cloud...come to the iPad? So you hook up a wireless game pad to your iPad, then play the latest pc games streamed through the cloud.

I think that's amazing.

Yes it already exists and compared to even console gaming its terrible. I doubt internet speeds will ever be fast enough for it to be anywhere near as good as using local hardware.

R0berk
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah...Imagine...Playing a multiplayer game through that? There's the lag on the game server itself, but then there's added lag from streaming from the service to you. There would just be so much lag. Maybe with pure fiber optics everywhere we can do it...Not so sure though, honestly.

Shadman
10-12-2012, 10:51 PM
You guys forget that Google internet is becoming a thing now. GB speeds? Yes please!
Still will play locally :p

And hyper, I already talked to you this morning about how I feel :x

And I agree. My tablet (before it was stolen) was really handy, especially at school. But it still couldn't do many things a small laptop could have in a few seconds.

Also, Windows 8 metro interface on desktop PCs...what's up with that? *slightly related*

HyperMatrix
10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah not a fan of tabletizing Desktops. They should have an option to disable it in Win8

As for the tablet...again I disagree with you! I have a Zaggmate keyboard/case combo for my iPad. So I open up the iPad, commence Splashtop streaming. Turn on Bluetooth Keyboard and Bluetooth Mouse. And have the power of a super overclocked PC in a package smaller than a netbook. Which again goes back to me primarily liking tablets for cloud computing. But only when connected to my own PC. Not some crappy cloud computing service from elsewhere. You can have splashtop output at 2048x1536 resolution to the iPad. This sends video, as well as audio. And just depends on internet connectivity. Cloud FTW!

I'm guessing you didn't know you can easily use a keyboard/mouse with iPad? Or never tried Splashtop?

Shadman
10-13-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm guessing you didn't know you can easily use a keyboard/mouse with iPad? Or never tried Splashtop?

I'm not sure if you're directing towards me, but I did not know you could connect a mouse to the iPad as well. Keyboard /case? Oh yeah. I've got one myself.

And I didn't disagree, used my tablet all the time. Just couldn't do some things with it that I couldn't do on the desktop. But you say you connected it to your desktop, I'm curious, do you leave your desktop on all the time to do this? I connected to my sandy Pentium 20-30w server to do things..

HyperMatrix
10-13-2012, 03:35 AM
My PC is on 24/7, yeah. You can set up Splashtop to do Wake from Lan as well.

Shadman
10-13-2012, 04:02 AM
My PC is on 24/7, yeah. You can set up Splashtop to do Wake from Lan as well.

What is the cost of electricity where you live? ::rolleyes:

Cpt.Teacup
10-13-2012, 04:45 AM
I don't get it. What's the point of a mobile device (iPad/tablet) if you're going to use a keyboard and mouse anyway? Why not just get a more powerful laptop?

HyperMatrix
10-13-2012, 04:51 AM
I don't get it. What's the point of a mobile device (iPad/tablet) if you're going to use a keyboard and mouse anyway? Why not just get a more powerful laptop?

Because a laptop is bigger, has less battery life, and will never be as powerful as my PC. Keyboard/mouse give you flexibility of web browsing/other apps on a Tablet, with easy access to your PC for full functionality if you need it. It's the every tool!

Shad, I pay about $180/month for electricity.

nocturnal7x
10-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Nice! website is back and so is the counter; as of this post there are 6600 contributors @ $644,000. Thats about $97 per person (average)!

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

And whether interested in this game or not, I think its exciting what it could do for PC gaming.

HyperMatrix
10-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Oh god....no wonder the game felt sub-par. It's like a giant kickstarter project? Really don't know how I feel about this...

nocturnal7x
10-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Yea, the game is pre alpha right now; They are doing crowd funding for some of the money, but also to prove that PC gamers exist and want a game like this (a PC game/space sim). They have other investors that will fund them further if the crowd funding goes well.

He went to EA (among others) for funding and none of them were interested in a PC game. So here we are :D I like it better this way tbh.

HyperMatrix
10-15-2012, 02:20 AM
It reminds me of star wars galaxy: jump to light speed xpac. That game was amazing. You had various ships, and could equip like 12 different components. Components were all randomized. They had to be crafted from randomized and collected materials (unlike games like world of warcraft where you "mine iron," iron would be 100 different random things). So when you crafted, you could craft to avoid weight or performance. Damage vs. speed. And you had a weight limit and had to have a generator powerful enough to keep up to whatever else you equipped. It was so intricate....no 2 ships were ever alike.

I spent a lot of time dogfighting in space.

nocturnal7x
11-16-2012, 09:33 PM
4 million and counting...I'm impressed.

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/4-million-new-system-new-ship-new-goals/

ArTIk*BaNAnA
11-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Star Citizen exceeded all expectations and passed 6 million USD!
Now to wait 2 years until it comes out....

nocturnal7x
11-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Star Citizen exceeded all expectations and passed 6 million USD!
Now to wait 2 years until it comes out....

Yea, I went to be last night drunk mind you and it was at 5.4 mil. I woke up and HOLY SHIT its over 6 million! Fucking amazing, they broke the project eternity record of 4.2 mil hard. This record I feel will hold for a while. This game is going to be all it can be as a result.

Sneaky
11-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Yea, I went to be last night drunk mind you and it was at 5.4 mil. I woke up and HOLY SHIT its over 6 million! Fucking amazing, they broke the project eternity record of 4.2 mil hard. This record I feel will hold for a while. This game is going to be all it can be as a result.
Don't get your hopes up just yet, targets are simply that, 90% of projects go WAY over budget.
Great result but the game is a loooong way from completion so who really knows.
Exciting concept for now though ;)

Crackatoah
11-20-2012, 03:21 AM
Shame its using a console engine

Cpt.Teacup
11-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Shame its using a console engine

...?

Crackatoah
11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
...?

Cry 3 engine. Although its been optimized, will be good to seen this once its finished, but that one hell of an budget lol.

HyperMatrix
11-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Cry 3 engine. Although its been optimized, will be good to seen this once its finished, but that one hell of an budget lol.

Isn't cryengine 3 intended to be multi-platform? Meaning, the developer doesn't have to worry about scaling it down to work on consoles/iOS as it can all be done easily through the engine for the most part? Videos I've seen of crysis 3 using the engine look superb.

whitespider
11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
From what I have heard crysis 3 will be using proper geometry tessellation on most surfaces. so the pavement, rooftops, jungle, everything with have some degree of tessellation.

I'd be interested to see if that's what actually happens. Because I really hope that's something the next generation of consoles, and thus, the next generation of pc's - go with as a solution for most games.

Far too many games so far use it for the roundless of a npc's head and then call it a day. I don't want a round head. I want those bricks to actually be bricks!!!

Crackatoah
11-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Isn't cryengine 3 intended to be multi-platform? Meaning, the developer doesn't have to worry about scaling it down to work on consoles/iOS as it can all be done easily through the engine for the most part? Videos I've seen of crysis 3 using the engine look superb.

Yep, its a good engine when we used properly, but in some ways it was a back step from the CRY 2 engine, its doesn't have as good volumetric effects or physics. Water also isn't near as good for example.

ArTIk*BaNAnA
11-20-2012, 09:42 AM
From what I understood they're going to use a modified version of CryEngine3 and there will be no console versions. They will also get another 20 million dollar or so from a private publisher.

whitespider
11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Yep, its a good engine when we used properly, but in some ways it was a back step from the CRY 2 engine, its doesn't have as good volumetric effects or physics. Water also isn't near as good for example.

I got a lot more visually out of crysis 2 when running at maximum settings, than crysis 1. A lot more. That's just me however. We each have different shades of perception.

Cpt.Teacup
11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Far too many games so far use it for the roundless of a npc's head and then call it a day. I don't want a round head. I want those bricks to actually be bricks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

Crackatoah
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I got a lot more visually out of crysis 2 when running at maximum settings, than crysis 1. A lot more. That's just me however. We each have different shades of perception.

So you should, Crysis 1 is over 5 years old lol.

The new engine obviously has new modern techniques that make it better than 5 year old Crysis 1 in many ways, but it still took a step back in terms of volumetric effects and physics, what made Crysis 1 so technically great. If they could have improved on this (and they could have...) it would look AWESOME. But they cant because they wouldnt be able to code games for the consoles with it in the engine.

nocturnal7x
11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
IDK if I would call CryEngine 3 a console engine. Its no more a console engine than UE4, Frostbite 2, or even Unigine (runs on PS3) which are some of the most advanced engines around, sorry if I missed any. Its very capable and has not been used to its potential, Crytek has held crysis back to make it run on consoles. Not everything made in CE3 could run on a console, there is a point where a game couldn't be scaled down enough, or at least it wouldn't be worth it as your intended design would disappear.

This actually happened with Star Citizen, in an interview Chris Roberts stated the game couldn't run on current consoles, potentially next gen but even that he was unsure of. The game will be too big.

The only current gen engine I know of that was made completely without consoles in mind and thus intended solely for PC hardware is Real Virtuality 4. The Engine Bohemia interactive made for ARMA 3. We will see how that works out.

Shadman
11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
The only current gen engine I know of that was made completely without consoles in mind and thus intended solely for PC hardware is Real Virtuality 4. The Engine Bohemia interactive made for ARMA 3. We will see how that works out.

You made me excited; I thought to myself "I'll get whatever game he says was developed for PCs specifically! How have I not heard of this before?"
Then oh, its not out yet.

But yeah, it will be cool when Arma 3 comes out. Is there a release date?

nocturnal7x
11-22-2012, 08:12 PM
But yeah, it will be cool when Arma 3 comes out. Is there a release date?

No, the website only says Q4 2012 and I don't know if I believe them. 2 of their devs were arrested in greece for espionage. They were taking pictures of the island they recreated in the game, happened to be a military installation and they were arrested. Im sure this has effected the game release.

The DayZ standalone will be in alpha in december I believe, it uses a modified version of the arma 3 engine, it will be PC exclusive so thats something else to maybe look forward to :D

nocturnal7x
07-02-2013, 05:37 PM
My god was everything in my last post horribly off by a year or more LOL.

Anyway, Lots of new info is out about Star Citizen. Many more ship designs, a bit more is known about how the world will work and they have a shit ton more money. Currently they have raised 12 million, they are anticipating 20+ million and plan to edge out any investors they had lined up to make it completely crowed funded. Either way, this campaign has proven to be awesome. I think this game is going to be amazing.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Good stuff on that page, the ship brochures are my favorite. The 300i commercial is really cool too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrQ0qMRZ_1Q&feature=player_embedded

Im super excited about this game :D

50calbr
09-03-2013, 04:33 AM
Here are some 1440p images of my ships and hangar for you lovely people.

http://i.imgur.com/bjGWFdk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eea8EDt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I9QWAba.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Gg6rUyk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0SdTBMA.jpg

ArTIk*BaNAnA
09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Here are some 1440p images of my ships and hangar for you lovely people.

http://i.imgur.com/bjGWFdk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eea8EDt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I9QWAba.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Gg6rUyk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0SdTBMA.jpg

Looks great! Thought about pledging for a Freelancer, but decided to settle for just a 300i for now =P

Can't wait to play this game....Especially on my Qnix =P

Sneaky
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
"The parts your ship deserves." .... love it. lol

nocturnal7x
09-04-2013, 10:09 AM
So awesome! I just have an aurora right now.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/cyoda/StarCitizen2013-08-3022-32-39-33_zpsfde6261b.png

I plan to buy an Avenger once available in the hangar, and maybe a hornet or 325a for dogfight module in december. Oh and FYI, they have raised over 17 million lol, almost 18 million.

50calbr
09-05-2013, 01:54 AM
So awesome! I just have an aurora right now.

I plan to buy an Avenger once available in the hangar, and maybe a hornet or 325a for dogfight module in december. Oh and FYI, they have raised over 17 million lol, almost 18 million.

I was thinking about getting the Avenger and a Constellation but ended up getting the limited edition 350r (who doesn't like fast?) and the Freelancer for shipping (and so my GF can be co-pilot). It worked out to be similar in cost for the two.

nocturnal7x
10-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Picked up and avenger when they came out on saturday:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/cyoda/StarCitizen2013-10-1413-44-52-67_zps0c6fc065.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/cyoda/StarCitizen2013-10-1413-43-27-22_zps41dd9194.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/cyoda/StarCitizen2013-10-1413-43-41-40_zps9c3f9e53.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/cyoda/StarCitizen2013-10-1413-44-10-47_zpsac3b9fa4.png

ALSO, if you want to enable MSAA in the hangar this works (https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/52741/) 4xMSAA drops me to like 20fps lol. Also causes lighting glitches but it looks so much better.

50calbr
10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
I love the look of the Avenger, I almost got one with a Connie but decided on the 350r and Freelancer. Both look to be a winning combo.

nocturnal7x
10-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Newest ship commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk

originally rendered in real time at 4k. Original quality is 4k, looks great in 1440p.

nocturnal7x
06-13-2014, 11:04 AM
We have something playable, no multiplayer yet, only AI. Multiplayer should be available to me in the next 2 weeks.

Im flying with a mouse, waiting for proper joystick support for me setup (CH fighterstick and pro throttle) before I start using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dfi52mo5dU

My initial impressions are holy shit and this game is going to be amazing. I just can't wait for full graphics options and aa, also there are still a lot of textures that appear to be placeholders, looks amazing though.