+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Dead Space 3 Review/Gameplay
02-21-2013 02:03 PM #1
Dead Space 3 Review/Gameplay
I did a video cap of this game finally. I honestly am trying to get into doing more of these. Things to note in this video:
- Had to use Bandicam as Dxtory doesn't detect/record Dead Space 3
- As a result, Audio quality is quite bad in comparison to my other videos
- I don't like games that scare me. This will be evident as I turn into a little girl at 2 or 3 parts of the video.
- Game audio from 10:42 to 12:10 has been muted. I had to re-encode and re-upload this 10gb file 3 times before it finally got accepted. The "suspenseful music" used in that part of the game was picked up by YouTube's content id match copyright BS, even though it should fall under Fair Use.
02-21-2013 02:29 PM #2
- I think the shadows look better high+soft, also about 20% more demanding.
- Vsync, as you mentioned, is a preference thing. Dead space 3 is silky with it enabled.
- Fxaa 3.1 takes care of the edges better than smaa. Smaa makes the textures look about 10% sharper over fxaa. What would be ideal is Sparse grid supersampling - However that turns my textures black when using the dead space 2 user profiles.
- This game's co-op is it's strongest feature. Its a bad dead space game, and a solid co-op action shooter. Play it in it's element.
02-22-2013 08:37 AM #3
Goddamn this video was funny.
"Goddamn things wont die"
"Casual is for when you hand the controller to your sister or something"
"Specially when one of the corpses starts flipping out on yah....just stop. stop."
"I'm scared shitless right now"
"Yeah I'm not sure whats going on with the ragdoll physics right now...they are going crazy right now."
"He just went space jihad on my ass"
"And now we are Fucked, in so many ways"
"Oh fuck oh fuck oh shit oh shit. I do not like this at all. What the fuuuck... my god"
"Fucking die, fucking....oh shit shit shit shit"
"oh...is it dead?"
"My heartbeat is going a fucking mile a minute"
"Its doing its job, its scaring the shit out of me"
02-22-2013 08:48 AM #4
Lol. It was...an interesting review. :P
02-22-2013 09:04 AM #5
Next week: Bioshock
After that: Amnesia
Also, did you ever play Half Life 2? More specifically, the Ravenholm area?
02-22-2013 09:52 AM #6
Next up is actually going to be several racing games. For those who are wondering what options they have for racing games on the PC.
12-08-2015 11:40 PM #7
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
an interesting review. :PGuL