Crysis 3 - 30% FPS Boost + FPS Cap Removal! (1080p cam video)
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Images

Crysis 3 - 30% FPS Boost + FPS Cap Removal! (1080p cam video)

Hey folks,

HyperMatrix here. This is one of the reasons I want more use out of 120Hz.Net. We need a place for game reviews and optimizations for the 120Hz minded gamer! Not like the other review sites that will do a review in 720p and be happy with anything over 30fps. And that's why I'm thankful for Whitespider and his list of games with performance/fps issues and possible fixes.

I decided to make an article out of this as I find this to be quite a big one...and likely quite beneficial to many people considering how popular Crysis 3 is. This helps with those of us who are CPU capped. So if your GPU is sitting at less than 100% and you have low framerate, this will let your GPU do more work and subsequently give you more fps.

This does NOT involve overclocking. However, it DOES involve Over-Working. Running on my i7 3770k at 4.949Ghz (I know...ever so slightly short of 5Ghz), and current Triple-SLI GTX 680 system, in a particular scene my CPU usage was at 85% and my GPU usage was at 45%-50%, while getting 69-72 FPS. After this fix, GPU usage jumped to 65% and FPS jumped to 88-92FPS. That's a 28% increase. Anyway, click below and watch the video for details:

The author's website is no longer accessible. Please directly download the app here for now: TimerResolution.zip

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HyperMatrix For This Useful Post:

DarkneZZ (03-27-2016), GenX (02-16-2017), laslotech (12-12-2015), Ritz (09-09-2017), s1lv1sh (11-17-2013), tez20005 (05-15-2016), trapped_at_my_pc (11-22-2013)

Edit:

Thank you Hyper
    Last edited by Jaylumx; 02-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/5000 | HDAV 1.3 | M-Audio AV40 | Yamakasi Catleap 270 @ 120hz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaylumx For This Useful Post:

Sledz (02-04-2016)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post
    Hey folks,

HyperMatrix here. This is one of the reasons I want more use out of 120Hz.Net. We need a place for game reviews and optimizations for the 120Hz minded gamer! Not like the other review sites that will do a review in 720p and be happy with anything over 30fps. And that's why I'm thankful for Whitespider and his list of games with performance/fps issues and possible fixes.

I decided to make an article out of this as I find this to be quite a big one...and likely quite beneficial to many people considering how popular Crysis 3 is. This helps with those of us who are CPU capped. So if your GPU is sitting at less than 100% and you have low framerate, this will let your GPU do more work and subsequently give you more fps.

This does NOT involve overclocking. However, it DOES involve Over-Working. Running on my i7 3770k at 4.949Ghz (I know...ever so slightly short of 5Ghz), and current Triple-SLI GTX 680 system, in a particular scene my CPU usage was at 85% and my GPU usage was at 45%-50%, while getting 69-72 FPS. After this fix, GPU usage jumped to 65% and FPS jumped to 88-92FPS. That's a 28% increase. Anyway, click below and watch the video for details:

DOWNLOAD Required File.
    Password for the file is 120hz.net
    Hey. I have a core 2 quad 9650 and a gtx 580 3gb. Even with this program its only putting my cpu 40-65%. Im on windows 8. So Im guessing this doesnt fit my situation? Is there any other way to boost cpu usage for game? input lag sucks =(

Hi,
    Is there a reason you've taken my program, renamed it, and re-hosted it? Can be confirmed by right clicking on the icon in the top left of the program and selecting "About TimerResolution..."
    The original is located here:
    http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/

Please try to include the link to the original in future posts.

Thanks!

Lucas

hi, in my case my GPU works at 99% and my i5 3330 at 60-70%load, does this will work for me? is there any risk on using the little program?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    No, you have a hardware bottleneck by the CPU. This guide is for people that don't have either CPU or GPU utilized all the way
    What's cookin, good lookin?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lucashale View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a reason you've taken my program, renamed it, and re-hosted it? Can be confirmed by right clicking on the icon in the top left of the program and selecting "About TimerResolution..."
    The original is located here:
    http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/

Please try to include the link to the original in future posts.

Thanks!

Lucas
    Will do bud. I had forgotten where I downloaded the app from as I'd found it through a google search a long time ago. I'll change the link to your website. And thanks for a very handy app.

Professional Pretend Expert
    Thanks
    Lmao Hyper, you sneaky boy. I also assumed you made the app since it was called "hypermatrix" hahahahah, you sneaky bugger!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackatoah View Post
    Lmao Hyper, you sneaky boy. I also assumed you made the app since it was called "hypermatrix" hahahahah, you sneaky bugger!
    My programming skill is limited to "Amateur Visual Basic." Lol. As you saw with the color enforcer app. Which was really mostly just a GUI for other actual apps. :P

Quote Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post
    Will do bud. I had forgotten where I downloaded the app from as I'd found it through a google search a long time ago. I'll change the link to your website. And thanks for a very handy app.
    Glad you like the app and that it helps you, and thanks for the support!
    I've linked to your video and this forum from my blog http://www.lucashale.com/2013/02/you...merresolution/

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:120hz.netshowthread.php1514-Crysis-3-30-FPS-Boost-FPS-Cap-Removal!-(1080p-cam-video)

crysis 3 fps boost

crysis 3 increase fps

crysis 3 low fps fix

crysis 3 30fps cap

crysis 3 fps fix

crysis 3 lag fix patch

increase crysis 3 fps

crysis 3 performance patch

crysis 3 fps cap

how to increase fps in crysis 3

crysis 3 performance boosthow to increase crysis 3 fpscrysis 3 30fpscrysis 3 low fpscrysis 3 performance fixincrease fps crysis 3crysis 3 fps increasecrysis 3 how to improve fpscrysis 3 fps limitcrysis 3 fps boostercrysis 3 boost fpsHow to get more fps in crysis 3crysis 3 frame rate fixcrysis 3 30 fps cap