Catleap 'blurry' after booting or waking from sleep
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Catleap 'blurry' after booting or waking from sleep

Hi all,

Hoping you might be able to help me out with an annoying issue I've been having.

I have a 2B (primary) and a regular Q270 SE in extended mode using the Nvidia 314.07 driver on a GTX 660. Everything is patched OK using the latest nvlddmkm-patcher-1.1.3 from ToastyX. I can confirm this as can OC the 2B fine. The 2B runs at 100Hz and SE at 60Hz, both at the native 2560 x 1440 res.

Now, the problem I have is half the time when the PC wakes from sleep, or boots up, the non-2B will look 'blurry' for lack of a better description. Sometimes hitting the 'Detect' button in the Win 7 Display>Screen Resolution window will fix the blurriness (with the detection sound heard as if unplugging and re-plugging in monitor). The other way to fix it is to physically un- and re-plug the DVI cable - this can take a few tries sometimes. I have eliminated the DVI cable as the problem as have tried a few and have also changed the monitor to the other DVI port on the graphics card.

Does this sound like a problem with the EDID file? I've read that setting the resolution in CRU can fix this but am not sure I've done this correctly so have added a few screenies.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions

Cheers
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by aeisou View Post
    Any ideas?
    1) Does it also happen when the 2B is not overclocked and the drivers are not patched?
    2) Are your screens both connected to DL-DVI ports on your 660 or are you using and adapter due to there being only one DVI port that is dual link?
    "IT RUNS FINE???!?!?!! FINE!!! I'll GIVE YOU FINE." - whitespider

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOctagon View Post
    1) Does it also happen when the 2B is not overclocked and the drivers are not patched?
    2) Are your screens both connected to DL-DVI ports on your 660 or are you using and adapter due to there being only one DVI port that is dual link?
    Hi BlackOctagon,

1) It looks like it happens both when the 2B is clocked at 60Hz (unpatched) and overclocked to 100Hz.

2) Yep, both screens are connected directly to the DVI ports of the 660, no adapter involved. The 660 has 1 x DVI-D and 1 x DVI-I port (both Dual Link - checked pins here), cables are also DVI-D. Link to 660 page.

Thanks

Thanks
    Any ideas?

Huh. To be honest, if both screens are connected to DL-DVI and it even happens in 60hz unpatched mode...then I'm stumped!
    "IT RUNS FINE???!?!?!! FINE!!! I'll GIVE YOU FINE." - whitespider

Visitors found this page by searching for

catleap sleep

blurry catleap