Catleap starting to play up
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Catleap starting to play up

My catleap 2b has started to play up when i start up my computer first thing in morning the screen has a thick blue line across bottom of the screen and the light fades in and out it goes away after around 3 - 4 mins and does not re-appear unless i leave the monitor off usually overnight

Should i send the screen back and exchange for a new 1 ? before it becomes un-usable

Does it happen in 60hz mode with your graphics card drivers unpatched, or only when overclocked?
    "IT RUNS FINE???!?!?!! FINE!!! I'll GIVE YOU FINE." - whitespider

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOctagon View Post
    Does it happen in 60hz mode with your graphics card drivers unpatched, or only when overclocked?
    Happens at 60hz and with drivers un patched and i have tried other drivers to seems to be a monitor fault at the moment its not effecting the use of the screen as its only few mins then its gone but im worried if i leave it now and then later on it screws up and im not covered by warranty ?

I only received my monitor on 09-21-2012 do u think its worth exchanging for a new 1 ?

Assuming you bought it on this website I would certainly contact Hyper via PM to see what he suggests. If it happens in 60hz mode then I daresay something is indeed not right on the hardware/monitor side of the equation.

Anyone know a way to get hold of hyper as i did buy screen from his shop i have inboxed him 2 times i know his not the type of guy to ignore people possibly just busy or overlooked the pm ?

Thanks
    He could be busy just PM him 1 more time and I hate to say it just wait for a pm back from him some times it may take 1--3 days to get back to you. But he will get back to you ok.
    HAF-X942 I7-2600Koc 4.8 16Gb-GSkill1866 AsusP8Z68 corsairH50 asus cd burner EVGA580 classy win7Pro corsair180SSD 120 SSD monitor over---lord

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    He goes off for a few days at a time sometimes. Unfortunate timing is all, but he should be back soon.
    What's cookin, good lookin?

My monitor also has a warmup period when running at high refresh rates. I've had it take up to 5min after taking my monitor out of the back of a cold car, but it never fails to go back to a 120hz overclock. I really wouldn't be too worried about it. It's been doing this for a few months now with no ill effects (I lug my rig and LAN every Friday night, other nights I practically never see warmup)

Leaving it on a white screen while warming up seems to get the signal locked back in much more quickly. Probably something to do with the chokes on the driver board as they also only ever squeal on my Catleap when I have a screen that's mostly white (aka web browsing).

Not suggesting that there is a problem, but my screen needs no such warm up period. Takes maybe 3-5 seconds tops to display an image after turning on or changing refresh rate. And the image is normal/good immediately

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The warm up period has been known for awhile, its normal. A lot of our brothers in Canada and northern Europe have had this before too, but like you said, there is no issue. Maybe a mild inconvenience.

Being in Southern California, I've never experienced this issue
    What's cookin, good lookin?

Visitors found this page by searching for

None