+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand Removal

Admin
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Images

Stand Removal

First, remove the 8 screws around the outside of the monitor (not shown - pretty obvious.) Next, you need to find a location that is separating easily - mine was right next to the power, brightness, volume buttons. While separating the two bezels gently pry the pieces apart with a flat blade screw driver (or some other device). Don't be rough! As long as you are applying enough pressure on the bezel with your hand the screw driver will easily pop the little clips. Continue around the bezel the same way - separate and pop. You will notice that it is best to pry the bezel apart at the very point where the two pieces do not want to separate easily - this is a tab.
    54.jpg

The trick to not harming your bezel is this - the front bezel has a bit of a lip so that when you insert your flat blade you want the blade against the back of the monitor. If you are then you won't deform the soft plastic of the front bezel.
    50.jpg

Once you have the outside bezel removed, turn the monitor over and you will see 4 silver screws around the outside corners. Remove these.
    45.jpg

Once you have the 4 screws removed tilt the screen up and you will find it plugged in at 3 locations. Simply unclip each one and the monitor is free from the housing. The top two clips require you to press the edges of the clip inward for them to be removed. The bottom one (white cabling) is like a PSU tab - lift and the lines will separate.
    57.jpg

With the monitor out this is what you see. The four boxes are the screws you need to cleanly remove the silver arc piece. I didn't! See below.
    43.jpg

Here are the top screws for the silver arc.
    51.jpg

Here is the bottom of the back panel and the mount for the stand. Remove the red box screws to release the silver arc. The green box screws hold the stand in place.
    49.jpg

Here is the bottom connector for the silver arc - see how these pieces are broken? I thought you could simply pull the arc off - ummm, no, you can't.
    42.jpg

Here is a shot of one side of the stand mount. You could remove the two nuts holding the stand to the swivel mount if you want. These are 10mm nuts. I was going to go this route but found it really tight in there to get a 10mm anything to get the nut free so I just removed the whole bracket (saves a few ounces in weight!) Remove these screws - and two not pictured - to release the stand bracket.
    52.jpg

Here is the back with the stand bracket removed. Re-insert screws here for the panel hold down.
    47.jpg

Here is the stand and bracket removed as one piece. As you can see it is held in place with a total of 6 screws.
    53.jpg

The Catleap uses a 75mm (3") VESA mounting solution. Here are some pics of my wall mount solution - look China and South Korea working together to bring me awesome video!
    56.jpg

This is an up close of my wall mount and the power brick mounted to the wall with velcro.
    44.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	48.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	372

Finally, some shots with the monitor mounted - both off and on. Enjoy!
    41.jpg

46.jpg

55.jpg

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 120HzNET For This Useful Post:

alex1019 (07-22-2012), blueshift (09-26-2012), DarkUltra (09-03-2012), Hak Foo (07-25-2014), Pleiades (05-08-2013), Psylacus (07-30-2012), reinhardrudi (09-07-2012), SeeThruHead (11-01-2014), Syros (09-08-2012), Viper (10-15-2013)

Thanks heaps for that man, made it damn easy to remove the stand. Im still wondering why they covered the VESA mount holes with the silver plastic shroud, makes no sense.

Admin
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're right it makes NONE SENSE!

The pics don't seem to be working for me. I've been looking for a good guide.

Thanks
    I'm seeing "Invalid attachment" when clicking on the links to the images. I haven't received my Catleap yet, but this one of the first guides I'll be following.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Pics don't work for me either. Darn it. Scribby! Fix it! Or tell me if you got an error message while uploading so I can fix it. Actually this may have been due to me deleting some pictures accidentally after the server move.

And...yes. Just confirmed. It was my fault. I'll see if I can fix them later. I still have access to the old photos.

Still can`t see the pictures.. ;(

Thanks
    I think I'm going to receive my Catleap tomorrow, I wish these pictures were working...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Hey. Sorry guys. I had forgotten about this thread. All files have been reuploaded/linked so you should be able to see it now.

Thanks
    Cool, thanks Hyper! Now I hope I actually receive my monitor tomorrow. Tracking info says "Departure from inward office of exchange" since Thursday, I think that means I should get my monitor Monday? Here's a cropped screenshot of the tracking:

First thing is to make sure it has no major defects when I receive it. Then I'll be using this guide to remove the stand and attach it to my new monoprice desk mount that I already received. I'm getting anxious!

Visitors found this page by searching for

catleap stand removal

catleap stand

how to remove catleap stand

vesa mount yamakasi catleap

powered by vBulletin solid black computer background photoarrival at inward office of exchangeCatleap monitor standyamakasi stand removalany tricks to removing bezel from laptopcatleap remove bezelcatleap remove standyamakasi catleap remove the back silver archow to remove yamakasi catleap standtaking yamakashi standmonitor stand for catleapyamakasi monitor stand removalyamakasi catleap remove stand 120hz.net catleap monitor vesa mountcatleap monitor stand removalwhite yamakasi catleap vesatake stand off of yamakasiyamakasi catleap remove the back silver archcatleap stand removal tutremoving the silver arc yamakasi catleapremoving bezel catleap