"Extreme 2B" Buyer Satisfaction Poll - Page 3
Join Today

View Poll Results: How do you feel about your overall monitor purchase from 120hz.Net?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am satisfied with 120hz.Net and my Monitor

148 94.87%
  • I am satisfied with 120hz.Net, but unhappy about my monitor purchase

4 2.56%
  • I am dissatisfied with 120hz.Net, but am happy with my Monitor

1 0.64%
  • I am dissatisfied with 120hz.Net, and unhappy about my monitor purchase

3 1.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOctagon View Post
    OVerLoRDI, Mad-Duke: Damn you both to Hell! Sooooooooooo jealous right now

Nice to hear that the Catleap thrashes 10-year old monitors, but what I want to see is how it stacks up against modern competition like my Samsung S27A950D. I expect the superior colours and viewing angles of S-IPS, but am curious to see whether 120Hz on the one feels as smooth as 120Hz on the other
    Lol you know a TN panel will never compare to a IPS. Had a SA950 and have a Catleap 60 hz now and the difference is vast... Prepare to be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got a dead pixel, so sad

Impressions of my brand new 2B display - this display was fantastic out of the box. Colors were spot on, no backlight bleed, upon first inspection I saw no issues at all.

Then the trouble started - 4-5 stuck pink pixels near the top-center of the display (right around the address bar of my web browser if that helps), a faint scratch on the panel 1/3 of the way in from the right and about an inch from the top, serious lean to the right side, and the worst part - a speck of dust that's actually behind the display. It moves around much more than the image displayed on the foreground by the actual pixels, like a foil on an old trading card. I expect it's inside the panel behind the backlight distribution layer and stuck against the rear reflector (I've taken apart far too many LCD panels, though I've never opened an IPS and it could be different).

I still kept hope though, and it was in a lot better shape than it appeared at first. With some massaging with a microfiber cloth, four of the five pink pixels are now working, the last pixel is right inside the toolbar of most applications and not noticeable in the slightest in games, the scratch is incredibly faint even on a pure white background and from 6" away and can probably be buffed out with a little toothpaste, the speck of dust is only about half the thickness of an apostrophe and faint (not like a dead pixel) and may one day be fixed if I'm ever brave enough and have a powerful enough can of canned air, and the monitor lean was easily solved with an abundance of brute flexing force

Overall, the new monitor is FANTASTIC. Running at 100hz on an old 550ti and the colors, light distribution, and resolution are worlds beyond what my old 27" panel. What flaws I have, while still minor annoyances, are small enough that 80% of the time I'd have to stop and hunt for them. Now if only my new graphics card would show up so I could break 25FPS in games...

Mine was perfect out of the box as well, and NOT A SINGLE DEAD/STUCK PIXEL.

Went to 100HZ with ease after I fixed my broken timings (thats another thread).

I want to go 120HZ but NVIDIA can't seem to remove their heads from their you know what when it comes to >400MHZ pixel clocks in their Linux drivers on GTX 680 cards.

Just got mine!

So far I have not found any dead/stuck pixels. There is minor backlight bleeding around the edges but no worse than my previous 22" TN monitors. Overclocked to 120Hz easily on my GTX 680 and 301.42 drivers.

The delay getting it was the worst part, but I understand that this was out Hyper and Scribby's control. Overall I'm very satisfied with my monitor!

Thanks
    Great panel, can't find any stuck/bright/dead pixels. No rainbow pixie dust. Earlier I reported no BL bleed at 100% but there is some very minor BL bleed in the top right along the top border. Nothing crazy bad, as I've seen worse on Dell Ultrasharp LCDs.

great monitor it looks awesome, but for some strange reason I cant overclock it more then 82hz this is with newest nvidia drivers, tried with old drivers and i was able to overclock 100hz but when I enabled SLI the screen started lagging (mouse) and then would crash. GTX 670 SLI any tips?

Thanks
    Install the official 301.42 drivers. There is a 330mhz (~82hz) cap in the beta drivers.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barranquillero3 View Post
    great monitor it looks awesome, but for some strange reason I cant overclock it more then 82hz this is with newest nvidia drivers, tried with old drivers and i was able to overclock 100hz but when I enabled SLI the screen started lagging (mouse) and then would crash. GTX 670 SLI any tips?
    In sli, you have to make sure your pixel clock doesn't go above 400.00mhz. So adjust your timings accordingly. If you go above it you get hat lag/freeze loop until you reboot. Other than that you'll do 100hz in sli without a problem.

Also nvidia's beta drivers have some security feature built in to them that is restricting the pixel clock to 330mhz. We are hoping that issue will be gone by the time it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post
    In sli, you have to make sure your pixel clock doesn't go above 400.00mhz. So adjust your timings accordingly. If you go above it you get hat lag/freeze loop until you reboot. Other than that you'll do 100hz in sli without a problem.

Also nvidia's beta drivers have some security feature built in to them that is restricting the pixel clock to 330mhz. We are hoping that issue will be gone by the time it goes live.
    Thanks for the reply. will try this right now

Visitors found this page by searching for

extreme 2b

iphone 5 black vs white

111.120hz.net showthread