COD Ghosts - VRAM???
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Images

COD Ghosts - VRAM???

Within the first minute of running the game, my VRAM use hit 5GB....and while frame rate was above 120fps, it didn't feel smooth. This is the first game I've seen hit 5GB VRAM use on a single 1440p display. Now I can see how DX11.2 and tiled resources could be helpful. I also wonder what running the game at max on a 3GB card like the gtx 780 would do to the frame rate.

In any case, it looks like there really was something to that massive 66gb game download. Can't wait to actually play with it some more to resolve some of the stutter. It was definitely very clear and sharp. But playing it for only a minute or two, I didn't get the feel of bf4's epicness from it. That may change, however, as the game has already surprised me twice!

I'm running GTX 670's 4GB SLI and I'm getting pretty bad performance. Random stuttering, frame drops in large outside areas or when there's alot of particle effects on the screen. Looks quite nice though.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Well, its definitely inefficient, not taxing. There is a big thread on OCN about it, but Titan users get ~5GB taken, whereas same settings and everything is about 2.2GB on a 3GB card (forget which one) but yes, I don't believe the coders really knew how to scale everything well. I mean, 6GB of ram minimum? Right.
    What's cookin, good lookin?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    The sharpness of the textures/details are definitely higher than BF4. But the lack of smoothness and polish made it feel cheaper than BF4. More testing has to be done to determine how much I love or hate it. :P But a game like this using up 5gb VRAM does scare me. Feels like they borrowed code from the PS4 version.

Kinda want to try it out...maybe when it goes on super sale.
    ASRock extreme 7 gen 3 z68, i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz, 8gb ddr3 1866 corsair vengeance, EVGA GTX780, EVGA GTX 570 dedicated to PhysX, 256gb M550 SSD, 2tb wd hdd, Corsair HX1050, Catleap @120hz!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal7x View Post
    Kinda want to try it out...maybe when it goes on super sale.
    Or just 'try' it out

You sure it's not just caching which makes it look like it's using all that VRAM?
    Windows 8 Ent x64, i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI (2-way), Catleap 2B Extreme, CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evo,
    SB Z + Onkyo 7.1 Audio, Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 + WooAudio WA7 Fireflies + Audez'e LCD-2 Bamboo + AKG Q701 + SoundMagic HP100 + Philips Fidelio X1, Blue Yeti, Logitech G15

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LNCPapa View Post
    You sure it's not just caching which makes it look like it's using all that VRAM?

How much could it need to cache in vram? Only way that'd make sense is if it's as I said, where they just borrowed code from the PS4 with its massive 8gb of gddr5. (ie. lazy programming)

Thanks
    5GB is only on ultra with 1440p and everything maxed, right?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by winterhell View Post
    5GB is only on ultra with 1440p and everything maxed, right?
    I believe someone said they had 5GB on 1080p maxed out

Visitors found this page by searching for

cod ghosts vram usage

cod ghosts vram

ghosts vram

how much vram does cod ghost use

ghosts vram usage

Cod ghost vram usage

Cod ghost and vram

gtx titan cod ghosts 5gb

cod ghosts vram udage

VRAM FOR GHOSTS COD cod ghost 6 vramhow much vram does bf4 usegtx titan sli cod ghostsremember me vramcod ghosts 120hztiled resources 1 gb vramhow much vram for bf4cod ghosts gtx 780 1440pcod ghosts textures at 1440pcod ghosts vram usehow much vram does ghost usevramcod ghosts