120Hz smooth scrolling in Google Chrome - Page 2
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Also, silly thing, but make sure the button isnt greyed out on the upper right :P

So I got this one fore Firefox, but can anyone tell me whjat settings to enable, change? I messed around with em abit and it feels worse than default.

Thanks
    Nice find, I'll have to try this out later! I noticed since getting my 2B that windows was smooth all around but scrolling in Chrome was pretty lackluster.

Why does the plugin want access to my data on all web sites?
    Ubuntu 12.04 on: CPU: i7 3770K @3.5GHz w Corsair H100, RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator 1600,
    GPU: Asus nVidia GTX680. TFT: Yamakasi Catleap 27" @120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by waperboy View Post
    Why does the plugin want access to my data on all web sites?
    Here's what Google says:

"
    Depending on the extension you install, the extension might need legitimate access to various things to carry out its purpose. For example, if you see the message that the extension can have access to "your private data on all websites," this usually means that the extension is inserting content scripts into a page. Content scripts are used to make changes to what's being shown on a page. An extension for blocking ads is one such example since it needs to modify the execution of the page to not show ads. In this case, this ability to modify page content brings you a desired functionality. However, this same ability means the extension can have the ability to read information submitted on the page, which includes private data. This is not to say it's going to do this or do something malicious with it, but it *can* if the extension author is ill-intentioned and built his extension specifically for this purpose. This is why we always advise users to only download extensions from authors they know and trust (they have great reviews, have a lot of users, good reputation, etc).

This is no different from the risk you take when installing software in general and the same risks exist in other browsers when installing extensions/add-ons. That said, we have done and are still doing many things to try and mitigate potential damage that can be caused by malicious extensions. For example, we can enforce granular access to permissions (having access to some sites instead of all sites), we isolate extension code from web page code to reduce the ability for malicious web pages to infect good extensions, and more. You can read more about security and Chrome extensions in a very informative blog post listed in my references.

Keep in mind that Google can also remove any malicious extension from the gallery and disable the extension for existing users when discovered. You can report malicious extensions by using the 'Report abuse' link off the extension's gallery details page."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GnarlyCharlie For This Useful Post:

Shadman (10-03-2012)

Guys I found an even better extension, I have updated the OP. This is so damn good on my Catleap, and it's way more responsive than the other plugin.
    Silverstone SG06: 2500K@4.5Ghz on Corsair H80 Push+Pull Scythe Kama Flow 2, Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB, ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT, 16GB Patriot DDR3-1600 @1T, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'll check it out when I get home!
    What's cookin, good lookin?

Thanks
    I don't like google chrome..... Firefox
    for me.

SS02
    :

NZXT Switch 810 (White) <-> i7 3930K <-> ASUS Rampage IV Formula <-> SLI EVGA GTX680 4gb w/backplates
    16GB Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US @ 2133Mhz 9-10-9-28-C2
    1.4v <-> CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid M1050
    Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD
    <-> Western Digital WD Green 2TB
    <-> Yamakasi Catleap Extreme OC Edition @ 120hz

Opera for me. Don't like it how Google make it so damn hard to not save browser history and cache, and remove temporary offline data.
    "IT RUNS FINE???!?!?!! FINE!!! I'll GIVE YOU FINE." - whitespider

Thanks
    I wonder why Chrome does not have smooth scrolling out of the box. Firefox has one for years. Maybe it taxes the CPU more?

Visitors found this page by searching for

chrome 120hz

smooth scroll chrome

120hz chrome

windows 8 smooth scrolling

google chrome 120hz

windows smooth scrolling like ipad chromegoogle chrome smooth scrollinggoogle chrome 120 hz120hz.net smooth scrollinggoogle chrome smooth scrolling extensiongoogle chrome not scrolling smoothlychromw windows native smooth scrollsmooth scrolling for windows vista chromechrome not smooth scrolling ipad120hz scrollingchrome windows native smooth scrollchrome does not scroll smoothly in win8ipad chrome not smooth120hz smooth scrollgoogle chrome flags for 120hz viewingchromium smooth scrollcrt monitor font extension chromechrome not smoothsmooth scrolling windows 7 chromenot smooth scrolling in google chrome