How to: Record gameplay or your desktop for FREE @1440p and above!
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Images

How to: Record gameplay or your desktop for FREE @1440p and above!

Hey guys. I made some youtube videos on how to record your desktop, or your gameplay at pretty much any resolution you want. You can even record at 2560x1440, at 60 frames a second without killing your computer and hard drive. The recording quality is up to you. It can be just as good as all other screen capture software. The benfit is...tons of customization...and, of course, it's FREE.

Video #1: How to do screen capture
    Video #2: How to set up "trimming" the screen before capturing video
    Video #3: How to encode/compress your screen capture before uploading!

Please remember to read the video description for the download link to the files required, and any supplemental information/issues!

One bit I also forgot to mention in the videos is for Audio, under compression, please use "No Compression (PCM)" and under Audio, select "Raw capture format..." and select PCM 48000hz, stereo, 16-bit. The video will later be compressed in the part 3 video.

Here are 2 samples of 1440p video I recorded with this method:

Video Sample 1
    Video Sample 2

Once you've got it working for you, don't forget to share your 1440p recorded content with other members in the Hardware > 1440p forum.

And let me know if you run into any issues following this method.

UPDATE: Hotfile.com (host for file downloads in the youtube vids) was shut down. I've attached the file here instead. ScreenCapture.zip

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HyperMatrix For This Useful Post:

BlackOctagon (12-13-2012)

Hey Hyper,

I found a way to do the same thing but without having to re-encode to get the compression. It should save you a ton of time. It requires AmaRecTV. I think there's a vid on YT about it.

Great tutorial!

Tough I have a few problems. First off, I dont got any Audio, I cant select my audio driver in VH Capture. I use a G930 headset, and the only options for audio there is the mic on the headset.
    Second is that I want to record in 720p. I dont really understand what Im doing (know nothinga bout codecs, formats etc etc). So I dont understand what program makes what. Could you jsut tell me in what program I go to change simple settings like resolution?

Thanks! And if I sound retarded, sorry

Hyper, thanks a lot for this guide! I finally found the time to go through it and your clear explanation made it a real piece of cake!

HOWEVER...It really is a shame that VirtualDub doesn't seem to support full-screened applications like games. Running in windowed mode and cropping the bars is all well and good, but it still results in a massive performance hit on most games. Heck, I was just doing some test videos with Portal 1 and the loss in smoothness almost defeats the purpose.

Anyone know of other (free) ways to record your screen in full-screen mode? Other than with FRAPS, of course?

Cheers
    "IT RUNS FINE???!?!?!! FINE!!! I'll GIVE YOU FINE." - whitespider

Quote Originally Posted by Axwell View Post
    Great tutorial!

Tough I have a few problems. First off, I dont got any Audio, I cant select my audio driver in VH Capture. I use a G930 headset, and the only options for audio there is the mic on the headset.
    Second is that I want to record in 720p. I dont really understand what Im doing (know nothinga bout codecs, formats etc etc). So I dont understand what program makes what. Could you jsut tell me in what program I go to change simple settings like resolution?

Thanks! And if I sound retarded, sorry
    Well audio worked fine for me. You should see your sound card listed as one of the audio recording devices. Pick that one (no need to look for your model of headset)

As to changing the resolution, I think this is how you do it:

1) Open VirtualDub
    2) File - Capture AVI
    3) Video - Capture filter
    4) In the Capture tab, enter 720p manually (i.e., set Width to 1280 and Height to 720)
    5) Proceed with the rest of the guide

(in the guide, rather than enter manual resolutions, Hyper just says to capture the whole screen because that's how you get 2560x1440 on a screen like the Catleap)

Banned
    Thanks
    Obviously this is not a virus but I take no responsibility for anything to happen to your computer (ex. video card etc).

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbysam007 View Post
    Obviously this is not a virus but I take no responsibility for anything to happen to your computer (ex. video card etc).
    Huh? What are you talking about?
    What's cookin, good lookin?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    I am equally confused as to what the statement was referring to.

Post count = 1
    Phishing?

Sent from dumbphone (pls excuse typos and dumbness)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    He has a regular gmail account, the post has somewhat context, there weren't any pending threads or posts that needed approving.

Probably still a bot

Edit: Ha, was a bot.
    Last edited by Shadman; 01-15-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    What's cookin, good lookin?

Visitors found this page by searching for

free record desktop gameplay

how to record in 1440p

Record 1440p

1440p screen recorder

1440p_record.rar

how to record game on a pc 1440p

1440p screen recorder]

recording 1440p gameplay

1440p recorder

How to record a gameplay in desktop